|-Karlnapity (4)-|

⚠️Just a hurt/comfort fic :]⚠️

‼️TRIGGER WARNING‼️
Nothing major!
‼️TRIGGER WARNING‼️

_________________
Overview: Sapnap gets stuck in a storm, Karl and Quackity go out to find him.
_________________

   "SAPNAP?! SAAAPNAAP?!" His voice was hoarse, throat dry and sore from screaming so much. The storm raged on as the two men ran across the large field, their tears mixing with the rain falling from the cloudy sky. "Q-Quackity... Quackity we have to stop- I can't breath." Karl let his fiancé's hand go, clutching his chest. The avian stopped immediately, turning to his lover. "We have to hurry. He could be hurt or sick or.." He paused, mind racing. And with not another moments hesitation he grabbed Karl and lifted him into his arms, continuing to run through the tall grass.

   "You're going to wear yourself out!" Karl hung on, not wanting to fall. "I'm not just gonna leave you there!!" Quackity glanced down to Karl for a moment, worry in his gaze. "Call for him again. Maybe he'll hear us this time." "Quacki-" "Karl." "Fine, fine.." The human sucked in a large breath before screaming out his other fiancé's name, sounding more like a cry. The two went silent, Quackity stopped running and they listened intently for an answer. Karl squirmed out of his grasp and stood besides him, running a hand though his soaked hair. ".... We're going to get sick staying out here." He got no reply, and the winged male shook his wing in discomfort. "He has to be here.."

   The taller male placed his hand on Quackity's shoulder, looking to him. "Maybe he made it home, he's strong enough to do that." "Not in this rain. His flame would go out not even a quarter of the way there.. the rain burns him anyways he wouldn't risk it unless he had the right armor on." Quackity wiped his face, about to speak up again before his head wing twitched. He went still, listening for it again. "What are you?-" "SH! I heard something.." Karl sighed, shaking his head. "You're hearing things. He's not here, duckli-" The noise came again, louder this time. It sounded like splashing and then a soft cry.

   The two looked towards each other before quickly making their way towards the sound. They found him quickly after that, covered in burns, sores, and drenched in water. He looked like he just went unconscious, yet he was groaning in pain. Karl and Quackity quickly got to work lifting him into Quackity's arm, and Quackity used his wing to shield anymore rain from hitting the shivering boy. Karl began to lead the way home, talking about how he was hoping that Sapnap's flame didn't go out.

   They got home about an hour later, entering the small warm building with a mission. Karl went right to the kitchen, starting up a pot of water to boil, and taking a heating pad from the cabinet and putting it into the microwave to heat up. Quackity went to the bedroom, quickly changing Sapnap out of his wet clothes and setting him in the bed. Checking him over, he sadly cane to the conclusion that his flame did indeed go out. He wrapped him up in a bundle of blankets, put the heater on in the room and let him warm up. "Karl.. it's out." He called from the hallway, heading into the bathroom to change. "Oh god, you serious?" Karl put the boiled water into a thermos, and grabbed the heating pad. He walked to the bedroom, passing Quackity as he exited the bathroom in some pajamas.

   "You should take a shower, okay? Get all the cold water off of you and freshen up." Quackity stood besides his partner as he watched him place the heating pad behind Sapnap's head, and set the bottle on the night table. "Okay, okay.. if and when he wakes up we have to give him some soup or something. There's hot water in the bottle, if he wants tea we have tea bags in the cabinet." He grabbed some clothes and headed off.

   Quackity sat on the edge of the bed, his wing spread out against his fiancé gently. Sapnap looked horrible, pale and cold. His nose looked frostbitten, so did his ears. The avian sighed, rubbing his face. "How did you even get out there in this storm, flame baby? What happened to you?"