2

It's been a couple of weeks since my mother's return. It's been absolutely annoying having to deal with her constant complaints about my absence from work. Alec and Hailey allowed my mother to roast me since they agreed with her. They did divulge that my group brought in the most profit, so I was doing something right.

I pushed the passed out girl off me. Because I was back in America, I couldn't freely kill anymore. I could only "drink them until they pass out." I rolled my eyes at Hailey's rule. Speaking of Hailey, she texted me demanding I bring my ass to work. She was annoyed that I basically dumped all my work onto Lexi. I debated skipping today again, but decided I could use the entertainment of riling up my mother.

I think it also helped that the girls were passed out, meaning no more sex for right now. I stood up and walked into the bathroom. I was going to shower, but decide against it. It'd piss my mother off more if she knew that I was blowing off work for sex. I impishly smiled, knowing that they'd be able to smell the sex on me.

I got dressed into a tight skirt and sleeveless top. I walked out my closet to see the maids enter. They gasped at the girls and drops of blood on the sheets. I let out a cough to alert them of my presence. They jumped and bowed to me. I smiled and passed them.

The maids were human and knew of my species. We had an agreement. I wouldn't kill them and they'd clean my place. I also looked out for them and their family financially. The maids will escort the unconscious girls out my place once they wake up.

I felt a buzz, so I glanced down at my phone. Hailey was bugging me again. She wanted to know how much longer until I came. I groaned before placing my phone in my clutch. Instead of driving, I used my vamp speed to arrive at the company building.

I gave a smile to the guards who were swooning at my presence. The receptionist picked up her water to drink, but the water missed her mouth since she was captivated by me. She flushed in embarrassment as the water drenched her. I saw some other employees walk into a wall as their eyes were fixed on me. I chuckled at their embarrassment.

I entered the elevator and picked the designated floor. The ride up was quick. I began thinking about how much my mother is going to nag me. The doors opened and I walked out. I walked to the conference room to see everyone seated.

"Lara!" Lexi jumped out her seat to embrace me. This girl is seconds away from squeezing me to death.

She put me down with a bright smile. I chuckled and hugged her tighter. She missed me when I left for Brazil. Taemin approached me with a smile. I smiled back as we did our secret handshake. He then chuckled and brought me in for a hug. I heard the clearing of a throat, so I rolled my eyes and turned to see Alec and my mother.

"So she does return." Alec teased.

"As far as I'm aware, she only parties and sleeps her life away." My mother remarked.

"Hey, the tabloids give us cover." I shrugged my shoulders. "Father doesn't believe we are doing anything suspicious when he reads the tabloids about his partygirl daughter." I sat in the seat next to Hailey. "You're welcome." I did an exaggerated bow.

"I think you're taking your coverup a bit too far." My mother narrowed her eyes.

"And have been allowing Lexi to do your work." My brother added.

"And being perpetually absent." Hailey mumbled.

"My team loves the dynamic." I got comfier in the chair. "I check in with them once a week to make sure everything is going accordingly and if they have any questions. They prefer the hands off approach." I concluded.

"Anyways, we should get back to discussing the werewolves that we've been supplying with arms." Hailey directed the conversation away from me. I gave her hand a squeeze under the table. She squeezed back, recognizing my appreciation.

"My sources have reported that the wolves have been successful in some parts of Switzerland-" Taemin was then cut off by Lexi.

"What about Jelena?" Lexi jumped up.

"What about her?" Alec inquired.

"She's more of a nuisance than anything. She's trying to find something that has been so expertly buried. She'll find nothing. The same goes for that Spencer girl." Hailey wasn't rattled. "Let them look. I find it entertaining they think they can beat me." She smirked.

"Just be careful." Alec stated.

"I'm always careful. My loopholes have loopholes." They smirked at each other.

"Do you think the weapons should be deadlier?" I got the group's attention. "I can modify the force for the reaction... making it a lot more powerful."

"No. Keep it as it is." My mother folded her hands onto the desk. "We don't need anyone tracing back the advanced design to out company." I nodded at her.

The rest of the boring day consisted of strategies dealing with the wolves. They also wanted to expand the weapons to rogue vampires, who were against the crown. Lexi and Alec expressed concern since the rogue vampires were against us too, by default. Tae, Hails, and I stated that it was a risk we had to take.

After we were finished for the day, I changed and texted my friends to meet me at a club. I walked in with my squad and scanned the place for women to bed. A red head caught my lustful eye. I smirked and approached her. I couldn't wait for this wild night.