47

One of the council members was in hysterics. I rolled my eyes when he told me his son had been killed in a wolf raid. The wolves left the same message for me to free something that I stole from them. My soldiers had captured some of the wolves and were holding them prisoner here. The members requested my presence to torture them since they knew I was an expert in pain.

I was about to go with them, but I smelled something intoxicating. It was so faint that I'm sure the other people in the room couldn't smell it. I stopped and listened to any noise coming from my room. I knew the smell was coming from there.

I left the council members to walk to my room. I ignored their cries and began running to my room. There was definitely blood, but I didn't know why there was blood in my room. I flung open the door just as Taemin was about to attack the girl.

I threw the girl on the bed, putting as much distance between her and the hungry vamp. Taemin tried to lunge at her, but I wrapped my arms around his neck. I then snapped his neck and gently placed him on the ground. I glared at the girl momentarily.

I wanted to reprimand her, but the scent of her open blood wafted into my nose. It was extremely hard to resist my blood singer's open blood. I felt my fangs extend and my eyes darken. With a shaky voice, I called for Hailey.

Hailey entered and sped me out the room. I was breathing hard and tried to distract myself from murdering my mate. Alec came and handed me a cup of blood. I had to wave him off because I knew tasting blood would send me into a blood rush. I saw my skin turn a light blue. Shit! I'm struggling for control right now.

"Lara." Alec placed his hands on my shoulders. "Focus on me." I stared at him.

I kept focusing on my brother and saw my skin return to its normal color. I took a deep breath and thanked him. Like Hailey, he was shocked at the gratitude I showed him. I gave him a small smile and made my way back to my room.

"I've been told I can be a handful." I heard the girl say to Hailey.

"Good thing I have two hands." I leaned against the door frame. "You can go, Hails." Hailey gave me a look, so I nodded, saying that I was fine now.

"Who knew you couldn't control yourself around a little blood?" She taunted me. This girl truly has a death wish.

"Clearly, not you." I closed the door. "What am I going to do with you?" I looked at the ceiling.

"Keep me occupied." She smirked. "I can be quite mischievous when left on my own."

"How mischievous?" I pushed her onto my bed and crawled on top of her. "I desire the unordinary." I purred.

"Unfortunately, the feeling isn't mutual." I was caught off guard when she flipped me over. "For someone to desperately desire something different, they must be incredibly basic." She then picked me up by the neck and slammed me into the wall. I moaned at the pain. "Never thought the almighty Queen would be powerless against the touch of her blood slut." The word "slut" broke me out the trance she put me under.

I broke her hold and slammed her into the wall.

"Never refer to yourself as my slut." I spoke through gritted teeth.

"Why? That's what everyone else sees when they look at us. What's the issue with you labeling the relationship that?" She taunted me.

"Because-" I couldn't properly express my feelings in words. I didn't know how to tell her I was struggling with our mate bond. "J-Just stop!" I begged.

"Never thought I'd have the Queen stuttering and at a loss for words... also, begging?" She was really testing her luck.

I let out a deep breath and took a step back. She seemed surprised by my actions. I then raced out the room. I ran into one of the guest rooms. Naomi jumped at the sound of the door being flung open. I wasted no time in attaching my lips to hers. She smirked into the kiss and wrapped her arms around my neck. I picked her up and sped her to the bed. I ripped her clothes off and placed her nipple in my mouth. She moaned as my tongue flicked her already hardened nipple. I desperately needed the distraction. However, I could only see the wolf girl's face when I was intimate with Naomi.