55

Nick had called to inform Tae that Zena would be moved to a security facility in Siberia. Nick had come across a smuggler and tortured the information out of him. Tae was happy at the news he received from his husband. We wasted no time in heading to Siberia.

The vampires weren't affected by the cold, but the wolves were. If they were in their wolf counterpart, they'd be fine. However, they couldn't transform since we wanted them to be more agile, so they were stuck in their human forms for now.

I sighed when I glanced at Mila. She had on a thick furry coat, hat , and gloves but she was still freezing. I removed the scarf around my neck and placed it around hers. She smiled at me. I felt helpless since I couldn't use my body temperature to warm her up. I was a walking corpse, so I was freezing to the touch. My embrace would only negatively affect her.

I sighed and averted my eyes. I hated myself for not being able to help her. It was one of the many things about me that made me believe I didn't deserve Mila. I brushed the thoughts off and followed Alec through the deep snow.

I chuckled as Lexi struggled to waddle through the snow. The snow was up to the poor girl's waist. Tae rolled his eyes before squatting down, so he could give Lexi a piggy back ride. She wasted no time in jumping onto his back. I then saw Mila turn to Hailey. She should be asking me for a piggyback ride! Not Hailey! I felt my jealousy almost pour over.

"Don't tell me you want a ride as well?" Hailey smirked since she saw my narrowed eyes. Mila laughed and shook her head no. "Good because I think Lara would kill me out of jealousy."

Mila turned to see me glaring at Hailey. I rolled my eyes and walked off from them. I could hear the duo giggling behind me. I crossed my arms and stopped when Dante halted.

"There." Dante pointed to a building that was pure white.

"How do we get in?" Zayn's teeth chattered. He's gonna give us away if he can't control his chattering.

"Look for a guard and snag his key card." Alec walked forward. "Lara. Jade."

We then zoomed off. Alec pointed for me to go to the left, Jade to the right while he took the middle. We nodded and went to our respective posts. I waited until there were only 2 guards. I then raced to them and snapped their necks. I then reached into their pockets. Hmm... only one of them had a key. I guess they work in pairs and only one has access to the key.

I placed the key in my pocket before flinging the dead bodies over my shoulder. I then walked back to where Alec had Jade were. They were patiently waiting with their dead guards. We nodded and then regrouped with everyone.

We tossed the bodies away and then turned to the group. The three of us smugly revealed the keys we took from the guards. I walked to Mila and handed her the key with a smile. Her cold lips pressed against my cheek. We then divided into three teams. Mila, Alec, Dante, and I were one group. Matt, Jade, Lexi, and Taemin were another. And Zayn, Hailey, and Domenico were the last group.

We broke into our groups and entered through different doors. Mila wanted to kick down the door, but Dante and I held her back. Alec swiped the card, allowing the door to open. He held the door open for us.

I frowned when the different scents assaulted my nose. They were running an entire operation here! I could smell many different supernaturals and- Naomi! I caught her scent. She was still here and I wanted to kill her, but Zena was more important than me seeking vengeance. It took all of my control not to run off and slaughter her.

I could sense Mila's anger, so I held her hand. As much as she needed to calm down, I think I needed it more. I felt Sloane begging to come out when I smelt Naomi in a room near me. She was here and I wanted to kill her! I knew Naomi sensed me too since her heart rate picked up.