31

I was walking around the compound when I smelt the sweet scent of blood. I followed the smell to find a small boy crying. It seemed he fell off his bike. Aww, he looks in pain. I smiled and approached the boy.

He hiccupped a few times and gave me an adorable face. He bang pointing to his leg and crying again. I assessed the nasty gash on his leg. He must've fallen on a rock or something.

"Fa male!" (It hurts) He cried again.

"Posso aiutare." (I can help) I smiled and picked him up.

I carried him into the med bay to fix him up. I rummaged through the cabinets until I found the necessary supplies. I'm going to need to clean the infection, but I know it's going to hurt. I sped into the kitchen to retrieve a lollipop. Hopefully, he likes he cherry.

I sped back to the med bay to see him still crying. He began smiling when he saw me. I knelt down so I was eye level with him.

"Ti farà male, ma so che sei un ragazzo forte! Se fa troppo male, stringimi forte la mano. Ma non troppo difficile perché so che sei così forte." (It will hurt you, but I know you are a strong guy! If it hurts too much, squeeze my hand tightly. But not too hard because I know you are so strong) He giggled when I began tickling him.

I gently began cleaning his wound. He flinched a few times and would squeeze my hand, but he was a trooper. I talked to him about his favorite activities. He loved football and adored the national team. I told him that France was better, but he let me know Italy was better. We stuck our tongues out at each other. He was so cute.

I was so distracted by the boy that I didn't sense Mila enter.

"Didn't know you knew how to apply stitches." I turned and smiled at her. I was almost done fixing him up.

"My mother, brother and I would often go on missions to third world countries where we would help out with providing medical treatment and examination." I enjoyed when we'd go on humanitarian trips. "By no means am I a doctor, but I know a decent amount." I tapped the boy, signaling I was done.

"What was in the grenade you threw to me?" I placed the boy on the ground and handed him a lolli.

"Silver." I answered her. "Angelo was a genetically advanced lycan. The research was to engineer a way to make your kind immune to silver and increase the healing rate. For the most part, it worked. But they failed to consider the effects of silver embedded in the body." I explained. "To be honest, I just took a wild guess." I admitted.

"Wait! You didn't know that would work?!" I chuckled at her facial expression.

"Not at all. After hiding everyone, I tried to find you but it was difficult since your scent was everywhere. I saw you had been in the ammunition room. I heard gunshots, but continued hearing Angelo roar, so I assumed your bullets were futile. I grabbed a grenade and thought why the hell not." I shrugged.

"Unbelievable." She gave me attitude.

"Hey! You held your own pretty well!" I followed her out the room. "And you didn't even transform. That's impressive!"

We walked to Dante's study to see his wife dressing his wounds. He kept wincing, but tried to make it seem like he wasn't in pain. When he saw us, he held in his groans.

"We need to plan an attack on the king." He announced. "The king is destined to hear about the fall of Angelo. He'll be angered at losing his upper hand." He made a good point.

"Shouldn't we wait for him to make a mistake from his temperament?" Mila wondered. "We can't just lead a strike team right now. People are still injured and need time to fully heal if we are to win a battle."

I informed them of the several blindspots around the palace. The best course of action would be to attack from the mountains. The vampires wouldn't expect the wolves to make that uncomfortable journey. I'd also have to get word to Alec and the others. We'd need all the inside help s possible.

Mila urged her uncle to postpone the attack so that the other wolves could fully heal. It was a good strategy on her part. She impressed me again. It also gave me time to communicate with Tae and Lexi. They were able to give us routes that they definitely knew the vampires weren't guarding.

We started our journey three days later through the mountains. The pack were in their wolf forms since they wanted to be ready for attack. Some of them growled at me, but I ignored them. I did smirk whenever Mila would growl them back into submission. My knight in furry armor.

I wasn't expecting to see the soldiers practicing for war. It made it more real knowing that my father had intentions of attacking. I was hoping they'd be ill prepared, but it looks like they've been training for a while.

I saw Tae looking at us. A skill tracker like him could pick up our scents even underwater. He gave a smile of acknowledgment before he then changed to a stoic expression.

I removed my eyes from Tae when I heard hostile growling. I saw Dante and Mila's wolf growling at each other. I grew suspicious that Dante was giving Mila orders and she didn't like them. Something tells me he wants to split us up. I really didn't want to split up, but I understood Dante's reasons. There was no way I could focus on a fight with Mila next to me. I'd be worried about her safety and could compromise myself. Reluctantly, I addressed Mila.

"I'm assuming he wants us to split up." I turned to Mila. "I agree with him. I will not be able to focus since I'll be concerned about you. Don't worry, princess. I'll come back to you." I kissed the head of her wolf. "Be careful, please." I repeated my head against hers.

Dante allowed us to have a moment. I willed myself to step back and whiz away. It pained me to leave her alone. I desired to be around her, but I knew this was better for her safety. The wolves in my group nudged me. I smiled at the comfort they offered me. I smiled and scratched their heads.

I then focused on any weak spots. I pointed out where they should charge and how they should charge. The wolves intently watched me as I divulged the weaknesses of every solider. We then heard the war cry howl. I gave the wolves a firm nod before we rushed down to fight my father's army.