96

I kept crying into my hands since my daughter despised me. Mila had her arms around me while rubbing my back. Yes, I was overjoyed to be reunited with my wife, but still heartbroken my daughter hates me.

"She called me a heartless and soulless monster. Mila, she was so disgusted and fearful of me. I terrified our daughter." I wept.

"She didn't mean it. She was just scared and confused." Mila whispered in my ear.

"She wants nothing to do with me. She used to text me good morning and Goodnight, but she doesn't do that anymore." Mila sighed at my words. "It hurts because I don't even know if she's tucked in bed. If she's safe or not. I have to fully rely on Hailey to inform me and I hate that feeling. That feeling of your child distancing themselves from you."

"I'll have to speak to her about that. No matter how angry we are at each other, it's important to still communicate. That way we know if the other is safe."

"She'll never speak to me again."

"That's not true, Larz." Mila kissed my cheek. "The moment something goes awry, she'll be racing to find you."

"Ya, right! She doesn't trust me to help her anymore!"

"Larz, Zena feels the most protected by you. If she wants to feel safe, she'll run into your arms. You're her protector." She tilted my chin, so I'd face her. "She'll come back. I promise. She can't stay mad at you for long. You are her favorite parent." She snickered.

"That's not true." I mumbled.

"That is by far the truest statement so far." Mila snorted. "Hey, don't cry. I'm sure she's hurting from distancing herself from you. She just needs to cool off and then she'll ask you to take her for gelato." We laughed at that. "Alright?"

"Okay." I smiled. "I love you." I kissed her. "You always know how to cheer me up."

"I know." She quipped and held my cheek as she kissed me deeper.

Mila and I were getting lost in the sensation, so I pulled her shirt off. She proceeded to remove my top as well as we passionately kissed. I pushed her on her back and removed her bottoms. Mila wasted no time in assuring I was naked as well. I was fingers deep in my mate when the door was flung open.

Mila and I squeaked as we quickly dressed ourselves. Zena and Acacia were gagging and whining about seeing us. Well, knock next time, children. It was a little awkward for me because of the recent blowup Zena and I had. Mila noticed and took the lead on things.

"Who's your guest, little dove?" Mila spoke to Zena.

"Acacia." Acacia answered for herself and shook Mila's hand. "A pleasure to meet you..." Acacia waited for Mila to give her a name.

"Mia." She smiled and shook Acacia's hand. "This is L-"

"Millie... you remember her." Zena cut Mila off. Oh, we're still going with fake names? Think we're a little bit past that. I'm sure your mate knows exactly who I am based on her nervous eyes. "Sorry for barging in, but some demons kidnapped my friends." Mila and I were lose. Did Zena recently have a fever dream? "They attacked us and took Nat and Naomi." Mila and I both wondered if we could allow Naomi to perish in the eternal fires of Hell. "We don't know where they're being taken."

"If it's demons, then the demon realm... or is it Lilitu." Mila spoke.

"Lilitu possible trying to build up an army." I shrugged. "Go back to your dorm." I ordered Zena.

"What? I want to help my-"

"Now, Zena." I flashed my eyes. "Don't make me tell you again." I brushed past my daughter and left the room.