34

I was a bundle of nerves right now. I was trying my hardest to get my nerves under control, but I couldn't hold it in any longer. I shot up, startling Hailey and Sophie. Lexi entered the room with a big smile, but it fell upon seeing me so distressed. I needed air so I booked it for the balcony.

I took a deep breath of the salty air. The seagulls were flying high without a care in the world. I felt my heart hammering against my chest. I leaned over the railing and lowered my head.

"What's wrong?" Hailey placed her hand on my shoulder. She knew better than to wonder if I was alright since it was obvious I was going through something.

"Can you get my mum?" I needed my mummy really bad.

I felt Lexi's presence leave, obviously to find my mother. Hailey and Sophie stayed until my mother arrived. They closed the door and left us some privacy.

"What's wrong, little one?" My mom pulled me into a hug.

"I'm too much in my thoughts." I held her tighter. "I don't deserve Mila after the countless atrocities I've done in life." I whispered into her shoulder. "What if she realizes she's making the biggest mistake of her life and gets a divor-"

"Little one." My mum cut me off. "You can't be thinking of her divorcing you before you're even married." She chuckled. "This is your wedding day." She gestured to my perfect makeup and hair. "This is a day for celebration, not for guilt ridden consciences." She led me to the couch. "Amelia knows everything about you and accepts you with open arms. She loves you."

"I know, but I still fear that I'm not what she deserves and she'll soon realize that and leave-"

"Little one, she loves you more than she can even comprehend." My mum rubbed my cheek with her thumb. "I shouldn't be telling you this..." Her voice dropped. "But I overheard her wondering if you'd ever get tired of her-"

"Never!" I cut my mother off. She chuckled at my outburst. "Sorry." I looked down and blushed.

"You two are honestly the cutest." She tilted my chin up so that I locked eyes with her. "And it seems your fiancé knows you better than even me." My mum revealed a letter. "She told me to give you this when I saw you. We'll be outside, waiting for you." My mum gave me a gentle smile before leaving me alone.

I quickly opened the letter. My heart warmed at Mila's beautiful cursive. I chuckled since she knew I loved and appreciated calligraphy, so she went out of her way to write the entire letter in cursive (even though she hates that form of handwritting). I took a deep breath and read her letter.

To my wife (or soon to be wife),

*deep sigh* I don't know where to even begin in describing the love I feel for you. I don't want to give my vows away, so I'll just avoid all the cheesy, lovey dovey stuff and get straight to the point. I have an inkling that you're probably overthinking and over analyzing my feelings for you. You may feel that you're not adequate enough or that you do not deserve me. Let me just stop your thoughts right there! You do deserve the light and anything beautiful. I sometimes wonder how you look at me with such tender eyes since it's me who believes I don't deserve as beautiful of a soul as yours. Thank you for being in my life and making it more fulfilling than I ever thought possible. I love you so much and I can't wait to be your wife. I can't wait to spend eternity and more with you.

Love,

Your Mila ❤️

I wiped a lone tear. My voice cracked when I called for my family to enter. Hailey and Lexi were at my side. I decided to keep the content of the letter just between Mila and I. Sophie began muttering how I was messing up her wonderful artwork. I chuckled when she touched up my makeup. I gave my mum a smile, prompting her to hug me tight. We broke a part when we heard a knock on the door.