97

I angrily stroked the brush. I then aggressively dabbed at it before stepping back. I assessed the painting before adding final touches. Mila entered and crossed her arms while leaning against the doorframe. I realized a minuscule dot was out of place meaning this was another failure. I growled before ripping the canvas to shreds. I then chucked it at the wall and began pacing.

"Good morning to you too." She sipped her coffee.

"I'm furious, my love." I grumbled. "When I'd become overwhelmed by such negativity, Hailey  would instruct me to either release my anger on the piano keys or paint a blade of grass." I snorted. "She wanted me to find other outlets to express my anger rather than abusing someone." Mila lowered her mug  to provide me with full attention. "As I grew older, I gravitated to the piano for more painful emotions. When I was sad or lonely or helpless, I'd sit on the bench and lament my heart's woes. However if I was irate, I'd release my fury through the brush's strokes."

"Your artistic wonders are astounding."

"Hailey was the one who introduced me to art at a young age. I have her to thank. She bought me my first canvas, pencils, sketchbooks, paint, and anything else I'd need." I sighed and stared out the window.

"How are you doing?" Her voice softened.

"I'm struggling, Mila." I closed my eyes. "My daughter has descended into Hell. Who wants to even believe their child would go to Hell?!" I punched the wall. "It's insulting and infuriating."

"Lara."

"If it's anyone, I should be the one going to Hell." I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose. "And she's been gone for too long."

"It's been 2 days."

"2 days is agony." I sneered. "When will she return?!"

"Larz, I don't know. You know they have to travel far and wide in order to avoid Lilitu."

"I know, but..." I breathed out. "It's Zena. She's to be protected not thrust into dangerous situations."

"Zena tends to run towards danger." She humorlessly chuckled. "I understand it's hard, but all we can do is try and prepare ourselves for this upcoming war with Lilitu."

"Right." I looked down. "I should be locating the vamp realm, so I can convince my kind to join the fight."

"And I need the wolves." Mila breathed out. "If this war didn't affect my daughter, I'd be tempted to give up."

"I'm feeling the same sentiment." I admitted.

I rested my head on Mila's shoulder and sighed. We stayed in that position for a while before Dom appeared. He told Mila that Dante wished to speak with her. She nodded and kissed my cheek before following him. I decided to leave the villa and journey to the beach. I sat on the sand and thought about my kid. It made me reminisce about my child since she absolutely adored the beach.

I felt a shift in the air before a flash of light appeared out my peripheral. I didn't turn my head as I sensed the presence next to me. Soon, a head was placed on my shoulder.

"You're struggling as much as I am, aren't you Adira?"

"A light angel descending into Hell?" Adira scoffed. "It's unheard of."

"That's how they turn into dark angels." I joked. "Didn't Nyx, Onyx, and Zeli descend into Hell?"

"Dark realm. Similar, but different." Adira clarified. "They've been gone for a while. I don't trust devils."

"You aren't alone in that thought process." I looked up. "The shifting borders. Can you return it to normal? Or is it out of your control at this point?"