32

I growled before rushing ahead of the wolves. They were on my trail as I barreled through the crowd of soldiers. I began tearing the fighters a part with ease. I slapped heads off, yanked hearts out, ripped wind pipes out, and tore them a part with my hands.

I saw some vampires on the backs of some wolves. I zoomed to them and grabbed the vampires off them. I then pelted them into other vampires. I saw Domenico and Dante race inside the manor. I decided to trail them.

I entered the building to see my mother and Hailey fighting off the guards. Hailey got stabbed several times with silver blades. I ran to them and quickly disposed of the guards. Hailey slumped onto the ground while clutching her side. I bit my wrist and fed her some of my blood. She eagerly drank it.

"Watch out!" My mother blocked me from the sword.

I gasped when I saw the soldier had impaled my mother. I growled and tore the man to shreds. I quickly removed the blade and gently laid my mother down. I bit my wrist again and fed her some blood. I could hear Mila's agonizing screeches. She was in pain.

"Go to her." My mother gave me a weak smile. "I'll be alright, little one." She smiled and kissed my hand.

"I'll come back for you. I promise." I kissed her cheek and sped off to Mila.

I entered the hallway to see my father had packed it with a hundred soldiers. He really didn't want me entering the throne room. I heard Mila let out a pained howl, and that's when I gritted my teeth.

I darted towards the soldiers and fought them off. They really thought they would be able to hold me off?! How dare they! I was more brutal in my mutilation than I've ever been. I tore the soldiers to shreds, so they were barely recognizable.

Blood dripped from my chin from where I'd bitten them. I could feel my demon begging to be released. I growled and ripped the throne room doors from their hinges.

I was blinded by rage when I saw my father over Mila's body. He was preparing to drive his fangs into her neck.

"I'm gonna enjoy this." His eyes had a dangerous glint to them.

I sped forward and threw the man off her. My heart hammered in my chest when I saw Mila's body slump onto the floor. I was terrified that she'd die on me. I then willed my energy to help propel the silver from her body. I smiled as I saw her wounds begin to slowly close. My father then used my distraction to punch me. I staggered backwards while still connecting my eyes with Mila's. I wanted to make sure all the silver was out her body.

"Ha! The mate bond." He laughed loudly. "You're healing her by giving her some of your power. You're a fool, girl, because you'll need all your power to endure me for 5 minutes!" He then tackled me.

I threw him off me. I then sped forward and punched him. He tried to retaliate by swinging at me, but I used my arm to block him. I missed his swift motion. He reached into his pocket to apply the silver nails. He then imbedded the nails into my abdomen.

He then grabbed the back of my neck. He demonically smiled while driving the nails deeper inside me. We locked eyes the entire time. I've never felt sadness as I did at that moment. I realized that all the times he told me of his love and admiration for me were all lies. This man loved no one, but himself. Everyone else were simply causalities in his game.

I think my heart momentarily died before being born again with a new sense of vigor. I felt power surge into me. I realized Mila must be willing her energy to me. I will not waste her assistance. I gripped his hand hard and looked at him with rage filled eyes. His eyes widened as I pulled his hand away. The silver nails clattered to the floor.