53

I was laying on her chest while her fingers ran through my hair. I sighed in content and nuzzled deeper into her chest. I traced the faint scars around her neck that the collar caused. I hissed my teeth as I felt the indentations, a constant reminder of what I did to her.

"I hated that stupid collar on you." I looked down. "It made it seem like you were below me, when you're far from that." I then made eye contact with her. "To me, you're on a pedestal I can never achieve." Mila brought my hand up to kiss my palm. "I apologize."

"Lara." She whispered. "Can we do something?" I nodded since I'd do anything to make up for the way I treated her. "I want to restore our bond." My eyes became as wide as saucers. "Please." She then kissed me.

"I don't deserve your love." I whispered.

"Yes you do and I want you." She pushed me down and pinned my wrists."Submit to me." She purred, causing me to gulp.

Mila kissed me deeply. I felt her tense up, so I opened my eyes. Her eyes were oscillating between blue and gold. I knew she was resisting the urge to mark me. I cupped her face, so she could look into my eyes.

"I know that look, love. You wish to mark me." I moved the strap down my arm. "Go ahead." I tilted my head to the side.

"I'll try not to make it hurt." I chuckled at her concern.

"Love, we both know you like being rough with me." I smirked.

"And you're gentle with me." She looked away and blushed.

After Mila marked me, we made love for the rest of the night.

(Too lazy to write the smut. It's in chapter 27 of the first book)

X

Mila was fast asleep on my chest. I placed a gentle kiss to her head. I smiled while running my fingers through her hair. I then sighed when I sensed Hailey and Alec. I carefully moved from underneath Mila. I gently placed her head on the pillow and pulled the covers up. I placed a lingering kiss on her forehead before getting dressed. I then opened the door to see the pair.

We walked to the study. My friends were waiting for our arrival. I spelled the door, so no one could hear us. Alec and Tae were explaining the disgruntled council members. They were piecing together my relationship with Mila. They had opposed my rule from the beginning since I was callous about my citizens's survival. Also, the members were full of power hungry vamps.

My father was somehow oblivious to their treasonous tendencies. Nick had informed Tae that some of the members were secretly working with the wolves. There was a plan for the wolves to invade the castle tomorrow. My mum proposed I throw them off about my love towards Mila.

I wasn't sure how to approach that, so Alec advised I treat Mila like a slave. Obviously, I slapped that idea down. I've done enough to her, so I didn't want to subject her to any more disrespect. I was arguing with my mum and Alec about what to do. Lexi and Hailey advised I place the cuffs and collar around her neck. I was extremely pissed at their suggestion. I was about to bare my fangs, but Tae's heartbroken look caught my attention.

"What's wrong, Tae?" I placed my wine glass down and moved to him. "Tell me." I place a gentle hand on his arm.

"Nick is dead." A lone tear escaped his eye.

"How-"

"The bond disintegrated." I cut Lexi off. "Just now?" He sadly nodded. "His cover was blown." Tae looked down and held in his unshed tears. "Where's Sophie?" I turned to Alec.