82

"You are so arrogant to waltz in here and expect aid after what you did." Francesca sneered.

"You offered it, did you not?" I quipped back.

"That's not the point, Allura." She snapped. "I don't want you in this school after last time."

"Last time..." I groaned. "It was to rile you up."

"And you succeeded!"

"It's not as bad-"

"You killed those girls!"

"They were suicidal anyway!" I yelled back. "I helped them. Gave them a pleasurable death." I defended myself. "They begged and I like sex, so I said sure."

"You are a nightmarish story to students here. We were able to spin it about rumors and ghost stories, but not the truth." Francesca pinched the bridge of her nose. "You can't be in Croatia."

"But, I will because I need your help. And I know you're not leaving Croatia."

"Allura-"

"Francesca." I sassed back. "Please, I don't know what's going on. It's making me uncomfortable with the realms shifting. Something is up." I shook my head. "Help me stop whatever evil is coming."

"But, we already are staring at it." I closed my eyes to compose myself, so I wouldn't rip Bridgette's head off this time. "You come here and demand. We want you gone."

"And you know what I want gone? My daughter's heartbreak." I stared at them. "I can't have that, so whoopie doo. Get over it." I snapped.

"What do you think is going to happen?" Bridgette narrowed her eyes.

"I think one of you is going to get off your lazy ass and assist me in finding the entrance to the vampire realm since it's no longer in fucking Siberia!"

"Wanna repeat that demand?" Bridgette stepped to me, so Josie quickly entered the room to hold her back. "Your lack of manners is showing." Bridgette taunted.

"You must be getting it confused with my assertiveness." I spat.

"Okay, both of you calm." Francesca admonished. "Allura, you left us on a sour note and came back asking for such huge demands-"

"How strong is the child?" Bridgette cut Francesca off.

"It's none of your concern."

"No, it is my concern. I need to know how much energy I'll need to input to subdue her."

"You won't need to subdue her." I was getting frustrated because Bridgette was purposely being difficult. "She's well behaved."

"Is she trained?"

"She's not a fucking animal?"

"Are you sure she's not?" Bridgette arched a brow.

I swung at her head, but Francesca luckily caught my wrist. My eyes were black and I struggled to keep Dior at bay. My anger stemmed from her disrespecting both my mate and daughter.

"We all need to chill." Francesca released me. "Bridgette, oversee the schedules. Josie, make sure the students are settling in properly. And Allura..." My black eyes glared at her. "Come with me."

I scoffed and followed her. Bridgette smirked at my annoyance and mockingly waved when Francesca turned her back. Francesca led me through the remote passageways to avoid as many students as possible. It felt like we were walking forever, so I broke the silence.

"Are we just going to walk in silence, Francesca?" I snarked.

"You sure are one to talk after that display back there." She glared.

"What do you wish me to do? Beg? Wish me to bend the knee? Because I'll fucking do it!"

"That's not what..." Francesca pinched the bridge of her nose. "You are being incredibly difficult. You don't need to battle with Bridgette every time you see her."

"She's hotheaded!" I stated.

"And you're a breath of fresh air." She sarcastically spoke. "Look..." She took a breath to calm herself. "We're all on edge after our last encounter with you. We don't know when to expect you to explode on us, so we're proceeding with caution."

"I'm not..." I sighed and shook my head. "I'm not that same person, but obviously you guys don't know that. I hadn't kept in contact to the point where you would."

"I can see you've softened based on how you look at your daughter... like she is the most precious thing."

"Because she is." I grinned as I thought about my kid.

"She's a cutie. That's for sure." Francesca cracked a smile. "But in all honesty, how powerful is she?"

"Well, that's a bit complex." I breathed out. "If she tries, not really tries, but puts effort into it... she could easily beat Bridgette." Francesca simply nodded since that frightened her.

"What about with you?"

"Because of my experience, I can handle her. But, if she enacts her true nature, then I'd be no match." I admitted. "She far surpasses me in strength and power."

"Oh, boy." Francesca muttered.

"Ya..." I trailed off.

"Will she fight with the other students? We need to be prepared."

"No, she barely even wants to hurt a fly." I looked down. "She's just reeling from her mate abandoning her." Francesca's face softened at that. "It's still raw. And then she was kidnapped for 10 years and tortured while my mate and I were sent to an alternate reality." I sighed. We just got her back 2 years ago."

"I'm sorry to hear that. No parent should have to endure such pain. And no child should be subjected to abuse..." Francesca paused. "My last statement is directed your way as well." I met her eyes. "I'm sorry we weren't there for you, your brother, or your mother in your times of need. We abandoned you all out of fear."

"I know." I nodded. "He even made me terrified."

"But, you stood up to him. You defeated him."

"Because of my mate." I smiled as I thought about Mila. "She gave me a reason to fight. I wouldn't let him touch her."

"You really are different." Francesca chuckled. "For you to defend a woman, especially a werewolf, to Joaquin... that's all I need to know to be aware of your change." She placed a hand on my shoulder. "We'll help you, Allura."

"Thank you."