63

Why must Zena enjoy dirt biking? I shook my head and watched her ride around the dunes. Mila has certainly introduced her to many boyish things that I'm not interested in. I did smile at seeing Dom rev his engine next to her. Zena has slowly been adjusting to life back in Italy.

Mila laughed and rode next to the duo and egged them on to race her. I ran a hand through my hair and focused on my phone. My mum has been communicating with me about her progress into the case. Abramovich was a hard man to find, but we've been using our contacts to search for him. Apparently, he used to live in Italy.

"Maman!"

I looked up to see Zena drift next to me. I then squealed when the mud attached onto my designer clothes. Zena and Mila were hysterically laughing at me. I gawked at them in utter disbelief. Yep, I hate boyish things. Zena then rode next to Mila, resulting in Mila high fiving her! You've got to be kidding me!

"Off your phone, babe." Mila smirked.

"Was just looking at stuff we could do." I said through gritted teeth.

"Why do I have a feeling you're lying?" Mila seductively got off the bike.

"You tell me, love." I rolled my eyes.

A thought then occurred to me. I smirked before speeding towards Mila. She yelped when I wrapped my arms around her and rubbed the dirt on her. Zena and Dom laughed while Mila struggled to free herself. I finished it off by giving her cheek a sloppy kiss.

"Now we're matching." I proudly stated.

"Yep. My jeans and t-shirt really look identical to your Off White outfit." Mila chuckled.

"Are we going snorkeling now?!" Zena ran up to us.

"Sure. We have to go back on the boat anyways." Mila smirked and ran off with our daughter.

"She's certainly a ball of energy." I spoke aloud.

"Which one?" Dom laughed. "I'm thrilled that she's opening up more."

"Me too. It took her a while to trust us again." I then paused. "How are you holding up?"

"I feel guilty every time I look at her." His shoulders sagged. "It's because of me she had to endure all of this. If only I had been stronger-"

"It's not your fault." I firmly stated. "If anything, it's mine. My endless list of enemies has trickled down to Zena. I'm supposed to protect her, but I'm the reason she has to fear people."

"You're a great mama." Dom placed a comforting hand on my shoulder. "Never forget that."

"You guys coming?!" Mila called from the yacht.

Dom and I had amused smiles on our faces. We walked towards the yacht and boarded the boat. The trio began suiting up for the diving expedition when I got a text. Alec wanted to speak to me. I sent the three with the guide, stating I had a work call. Mila was a little upset I couldn't be involved in the family trip. I promised to be available for the other activities. She nodded and they descended into the ocean.

"Tell me something good, brother." I answered the call.

"Define good? There's been so many instances of him testing on other children. He's a psychotic maniac. It makes me furious!" He took a deep breath. "It appears he has a vendetta against supernaturals since his wife died by a wolf's hands. I assume his testing on children has to do with a way to find out how to resurrect his dead wife."

"He shouldn't worry about that because I'll send him straight to her when I see him." I know my eyes must've darkened.

"As for Naomi..." I groaned while Alec dryly chuckled. "Her family has been taunting us. Not her or her siblings, but her parents. We can't find them, but they've sent several messages about kidnapping Zena again."