48

I was engaged in a boring meeting, but my mind was only thinking about one person. I smiled as I thought about her. I really wanted to see her. I ended the meeting, ignoring the grumbles. I then tracked her scent to the library. I've allowed her full privilege of roaming the chateau with no restrictions (and that means no more demeaning collar).

I saw her having fun with the rollable ladder. I watched her for a while and felt a smile on my face. She was so beautiful. I then decided to make my presence known. I stopped the movement of the ladder, much to her annoyance. She then took me off guard by free falling. I sped forth to make sure I caught her. The smirk on her face melted when she looked into my eyes. I was frozen in place from her gorgeous blue eyes.

"Lara." We looked at the door to see Alec and Taemin. "We need to speak with you."

"Sure." I placed the girl down. "Enjoy your reading."

I then left with them. Before they could begin speaking, I motioned for Hailey to go and entertain the girl. Hailey groaned, but followed my order. Taemin and Alec wanted to discuss the difficulty of the prisoner. The kid was putting up a fight and wouldn't reveal any information. Taemin wanted to employ his own torture tactics, but Alec wanted to hold off until they got my opinion.

I told them this sounded like a problem for another day. I noticed the time and said we'd discuss this more tomorrow since it was dinner time. They were fine delaying the issue a day.

I then walked back to the library to see the girl vexing Hailey. I think she was trying to annoy Hailey by trashing the library. I smiled at Hailey speeding around to catch the books. The girl was truly amusing.

"Quit acting like a child!" Hailey yelled.

"Quit being so uptight!" The girl retorted.

"Hails, you only had one job." I smirked before walking towards the girl. "Dinner time." I gave her my hand. "And Hails... clean this up."

I then led the girl to the dining room. My brother was trying to hide his amused smile behind his glass. He then hardened his features and tried to appear indifferent to the girl.

"What a treat... we get to dine with her twice." Alec spoke.

We sat down and everyone began eating. The girl- wait! I never got her name. I was curious what it was since I've only ever referred to her as the wolf girl.

"I never caught your name." I tilted my head and looked at her.

"That's because I never gave it." She sassed.

"She sure is sassy, sister. You should nip that in the bud." Alec taunted me.

"As in her bud?" I smirked and made a dirty joke.

I ignored everyone struggling to hold back a laugh. I was still curious what her name was. I turned and looked at her, silently asking for her to answer my question.

"Umm... Mia." She mumbled.

"I've never heard you ask a slave her name before." Hailey spoke up.

"Maybe that's because she's not my slave." The words fell from my lips before I could filter my thoughts.

"Not surprised." Everyone turned to Taemin. "Based on how lenient the Queen was with her yesterday." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes as I remembered how she tricked me into murdering 5 of my guards. I admit that her plan was genius. She acted like she had no recollection of the guard that attempted to harass her. She would implicate an innocent guard. I'd then kill that guard only for her to apologize and say it was a different guard. I figured out her game after I had 5 corpses in front of me.

Everyone was struggling to hold back a smile. Alec, of course, had to ruin the rare jovial mood.

"Sister, remember our guests tomorrow." He stated.

I frowned, remembering my parents and some important leaders would be arriving. I'd have to entertain them since I need them to galvanize their citizens to help in the fight against the lycans. I didn't like the idea they'd be in the house with Mia. I'd have Hailey and Lexi stick to her like glue, but I still wasn't happy about leaving her alone. I wanted to be near her so I could protect her, but I knew I couldn't do that. Rumors would spread the moment they saw me be protective of a wolf.

I then felt Mia's gaze on me, so I turned to her.

"Mia, behave tomorrow."

I then stood up and left. Hailey and Alec followed me out to help with the preparations.

Looking back at the story, I can't believe it took Lara so long before she asked Mila for her name.