98

Mum told me to open a portal to France which I did. The guards bowed and greeted us with respect as we passed. Mila shook my arm as we journeyed to find Alec.

"What's the Dark Room?"

"A place I am petrified to visit." I answered as we entered his study.

"Alec, we need you." Mum adressed him.

"Anything for you, mother." He stood. "What seems to be the problem? And hello to you, Mia and sister."

"The Da-" I felt a lump in my throat. "I need to get to the Da-" I looked down in frustration since I couldn't even finish the word."

"The Dark Room." Mum finished causing his eyes to widen.

"Why on earth would we allow her to enter that sadist's paradise?!" Alec was furious. "You know what occurred in there and I will not subject my sister to that mental anguish again!"

"What happened in there, Lara?" Mila stroked my arm.

"My father was an abusive man. Yes, he'd publicly abuse us. But, there was a special place he would take me to enact my punishments. He claimed that he had to properly discipline his heir, so he'd take me inside the Dark Room. The punishments would vary for each infraction."

"An infraction could be that the part in her hair was slightly crooked." Alec scoffed. "It was an excuse to torture her and break her. He wanted her to feel so small that she would never find the strength to stand up to him. He was wickedly cruel. And for that, I'd never take her in there again."

"I called it the Dark Room because it was always so dark. And it was laced with magic, so that I wouldn't be able to allow my eyes to glow. So it was just insanely dark and disorienting." I shuddered.

"When did this abuse start?" Mila was horrified.

"When she was 8." Mum sighed. "I'll never forget the day I heard her horrified screams. And I was powerless to help."

"She tried to peel him off me, but he punched through her chest and held her heart in his hands." I looked down since the memory pained me. "I made the mistake of begging him to spare her. He doesn't like beggars, so the punishment became much worse."

"And he forced me to watch." Mum spoke with venom.

"Lara, you can't re-enter that room."

"I must. It's the only place where the magical portal wouldn't be tampered with. Zena's lost in the vampire relam and I need to save her."

"But-"

"No, buts. Lead me to my personal Hell." I motioned for him to direct us.

Alec dejectedly led us through the halls. At this point, Hailey had arrived and found us. She shook her head at Mila and reluctantly followed. I could feel the change in the air as we got closer to that forbidden room. It was sealed away with magic, so the stench of magic was appalling. As it came into view, I started having flashbacks from my time in that place.

Father had found out that I fancied women so he hooked me up to a chair. I thrashed around and screamed for him to release me, but he ignored me. I was tied down with silver chains, so I couldn't move as well as being burned. He placed something on my head and manically laughed. He claimed he'd remove the homosexual curse from me before electrocuting me. My teeth cracked and I shook in pain. I spazzed out for a while. I'm not sure how long he electrocuted me, but I know the sun had come up and went down.

Another infraction was my failure to murder a girl after sleeping with her. Father made me murder her. He actually watched and told me to violate her corpse, which I did since I was terrified to refuse him. He then dragged me to the room and shoved my face into a bucket of clear liquid. I then screamed under the liquid since it was vervain. I could feel my face burning and the skin peeling off.