Chapter 12

Jasmine's POV
"Mom, what are you doing here?!", I said. "I came down to surprise you!", she said. Ant came running down the steps saying, "Who's that? Is it Adam? Do I need to jump someone?" "No, it's fine.", I said. "Hi, I'm Anthony.", he said. I think he forgot he was only wearing sweatpants. "Uhh, hello? I'm Jasmine's Mum.", she said. "Ahh, I see where she gets her looks from!", he said. "Ant, stop flirting with my mom." I said, jokingly. "He's alright.", she said. "Anyways, come in.", I said. "Have you stopped by Sarah's? You know she'd love to see you.", I asked, stepping out of the way so my mom can come in. "Girl, she came to see me." my friend, Sarah said. I jumped and hugged her. "It's been so long!" she said. "Yeah, don't use up all your love on them.", my friend, Ariel, said. "OH MY GOD, MOM, YOU BROUGHT THE WHOLE CREW!"

I let everyone in. "Hey, I'm Sarah.", Sarah said. "I'm Anthony, nice to meet you." Ant said. I knew that voice. "Nuh-uh, Sarah. Off limits." She turned to me, saying, "That's taken? Hm, I see why." "Hey, don't hit on my man.", I said, jokingly. Ariel and Sarah's mouths dropped. "Wait, Jazzy, when did you start picking the cute ones?", Ariel said. My mom went into the kitchen and started doing something and Ariel and Sarah started asking Anthony a series of questions. "Mum, what are you doing." I asked. "I'm cleaning, your house is a mess." she said as she scrubbed the floors. "The house is fine. You two, what are you doing to him?" I said. "Nothing, just making sure you didn't pick up another Adam.", Ariel said. "Nice going, idiot. Why the hell would you mention his name. You know that name is off limits.", Sarah said, slapping Ariel atop his head. "Uhhh, Adam's in the hospital." I said, sipping on water. "Finally, he got what he deserved. what happened to him?", they asked. "Ask him." I said, pointing to Ant and leaving to get a snack. They looked at Ant expectingly. "Let's just say, next person to call her a hoe is gonna find themselves in the hospital, too." he said. "How many hits did it take?", Ariel asked. "One." I said. "That explains the cast." my Mom said. "Nah, my hand is fine by now. I'm set to get it taken off for good in a few days.", he said, taking the cast off and moving his hand freely.

We found out that my mom planned to say with us for the rest of the week. "Baby, your Mom is lovely, but she keeps cleaning everything." Ant said. "Yea, there's no escaping that." I replied. "Mum, I'm heading to bed. Lock the door if you leave. Sarah, Ariel, don't do anything illegal.", I said. I started to walk up the steps, but stopped and said. "Sarah, get off of him.", I said. "I'm just testing his loyalty!", she replied. I went downstairs and whispered to Ant, "Are you coming? If not put a shirt on. You don't need to be shirtless in front of my mum and friends." "I'm coming.", he said. "If you guys don't want to leave, just make a place on the couch.", Ant said. We went upstairs and got ready for bed. As soon as our heads hit the pillow, I got a phone call. "Jazzy. Can you and Anthony come to the theater? It's an emergency rehearsal." Lin said. "Yeah, but this late?", I said. "Yes. Something came up and I need to tell you guys immediately." Lin said. "Okay, we'll be on our way." I said. "What was that about?", he said. "Emergency practice.", I said. "At 10:00 at night?!", he said. I nodded and shrugged. We got up, got changed, and headed downstairs. "Where are you two going at this time of night?", my Mom asked. "Emergency practice.", I said. I fed Nala and ran out the door.

We ran to the theater, hand in hand, confused as to what was going on. When we got to the theater, everyone but Daveed and Emmy were on the stage. "What took you guys so long?", Chris said. "Well, we were falling asleep when Lin called.", Ant said. "Y'all sure you weren't doing anything more?", Daveed said. "I'm not about to have sex with my mother in the room next to me.", I said. "Oooh, cockblocker.", Oak said. Ant just laughed and sat down. "Have they showed up yet?", Lin said. "Janthony made it but not Demmy.", Thayne said. "Demmy?" I said. "Yes. Daveed and Emmy. Duuhhh.", Gregory said. "Are they finally dating?", Ant said. "No, but we're gonna bully them into dating like we did with the two of you.", Lin said. As soon as he said this, Daveed and Emmy walked into the building, hand in hand. "Finally. What took you guys so long?", Ariana said. "We were on a date when Lin called." Emmy said, looking down. "Yesssss! I'm so happy for Demmy!", Thayne shouted. I turned to look at Anthony to ask why Daveed was shaking his head, but when I looked I saw him humping the air.

Anthony's POV
"Okay! So we have this rehearsal because we found out there isn't gonna be a show for the entire week. For what reason, I'm still trying to find out. But since there's no show, we didn't want to drag you guys out. So we're going to have a rehearsal at night instead of during the day. We're doing this because we've decided to change up some of the songs. Cut songs are 'This Ones Mine', 'Valley Forge', 'Mulligan's Goodbye', 'No John Trumbull', 'Let it Go', 'Cabinet Battle #3', 'I Have This Friend', 'Congratulations', 'First Burn', 'Dear Theodosia (Reprise)', 'George Washington's Death', and 'Ten Things, One Thing'. Songs that are changing are, 'Schuyler Defeated', 'The Schuyler Sisters', 'One Last Ride', 'Your Obedient Servant', and 'The Adams Administration'. Let's get to work, we have a lot of it to do!", Lin said. For some reason, I couldn't keep my eyes off Jas. Something told me to keep an eye on her. What worries me is that I got this same felling before we saw Adam. I couldn't pinpoint exactly why I had this feeling until practice was almost over.