Chapter 24

She gathered all three positive tests and threw the boxes out. When she opened the door, Anthony was nervously pacing.

"Did you get the results? Please tell me you got the results."

"Look at the time."

He looked at the clock and saw it was 3:00 in the morning.

"What does that have to do with the damn results?"

She handed him the tests and said, "Happy birthday, baby." It took him a while to realize that it had been his birthday. The best birthday present ever. "Yo, I'm gonna be a dad..for real..", he said, getting into bed with her. "I know, and I want us to keep it.", she said, pulling the covers over them. "Oh of course, that's my greatest honor. Aside from marrying you, of course.", he said, cuddling her and putting his hand on her belly. She giggled at his excitement and fell asleep in his arms.

————————————————————————

When they woke up, Renée and Lin were sitting in their living room. Renée, obviously hung over, waved and put her shades back on.

"So?", Lin asked.

"Wait, how did you- Which one of you has a key?"

"Both do."

"Yo, y'all can't just keep coming into people's houses without telling them."

"Answer the question. Stop stalling."

Jasmine looked at Anthony, looked down, and nodded. Lin immediately jumped and squealed, being hit in the head by Renée throwing a book at him for yelling.

"Shhhhh, I'm happy for you guys but shut the fuck up!"

"NOBODY TOLD YOU TO GET THAT DRUNK.", Lin yelled. She picked up another book and glared at Lin through the shades. "Right, sorry.", he whispered.

"Jazzy, sweetie, call your mom. Trust me, she'll be so happy to be one of the first people to know."

Jasmine nodded and jogged up the steps. She dialed her nom and her mom immediately picked up.

"I have to call you back, I'm driving."

"Mum, you don't have a drivers license where are you?"

"About a mile away from your house."

"WHAT?! MUM, WHEN DID YOU GET BACK TO THE STATES?!"

"I missed you."

"Okay, well, we have to talk when you get here."

"Okay, love you lots, doll!"

"Bye, Mum.", Jasmine said, hanging up the phone. She stood up, changed out of her pajamas, did her hair, but refused to do her makeup or brush her teeth until she threw up. When she got downstairs, Anthony was opening the door and letting her mother in.

"Hi, Mama Kim, what are you doing here?"

"Hi, was in the States and wanted to visit my baby."

"She doesn't know does she?", Anthony said, walking up the steps to take a shower.

"No, and I'd like to tell her so hush.", Jasmine yelled back.

"What don't I know?"

"Mum, sit."

"What's going on?"

"Mum, I'm-", Jasmine started, being cut off by having to throw up. She immediately stopped speaking, ran upstairs, ran into the bathroom, and knelt at the toilet. As soon as she did, she threw up. "Are you alright?", Anthony said, peaking his head out from behind the shower curtain. She nodded, wiped her mouth, wiped her eyes, flushed the toilet, brushed her teeth, and went back to her mother. When she got downstairs, her mother looked at her worriedly.