Chapter 16

Anthony's POV
I pulled my phone out and called her, "Jas, I'm sorry, my phone died. Don't come, I'm making a surprise for you." "Oh, okay." she said. I saw her start to walk away. "What are the sirens about?", she asked. "I don't know, probably the neighbors. I love you, have fun." I hung up the phone and saw her turn in the other direction. By the time she got back, the cops had taken Adam and I even had enough time to set up a surprise for her. "Baby, I'm home!", she shouted. Home...God I love her. "Just a minute! I'm almost done getting dressed!", I shouted back. I knew she was already dressed up, so now it was my turn. I rushed downstairs and ushered her to the surprise.

On the roof, I'd set up a picnic. "Awww, baby, this is so sweet, how'd you know I love picnics?", she said, hugging me. Mental Note. She loves picnics. "Lucky guess, let's eat.", I said, bringing her over to the picnic. "Don't you usually do picnics when it's light out, though?", she asked, suspicious of my actions. "I wanted to stargaze with you.", I said, rubbing the small of her back and pointing to the sky. "You're too sweet for me.", she said, smiling and resting her head on my shoulder.

When we got back to the apartment. We went upstairs, changed, and went to bed. "Anthony.", she said cuddling me. I looked at her. "Baby, what happened today. I saw Adam outside.", she continued, sitting up. "What? I said not to come back for a reason. I don't want you to worry about Adam.", I said. "That's not for you to worry about. Get that shit in your head. Another thing, you won't always be there to protect me! Let me handle that shit myself I am 26 years old I think I can protect my damn self.", she said getting up. "Jas, that's not what I'm saying, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have tried to hide him from you. I just don't want you to have to worry about him.", I said, grabbing her arm.

She sighed, straddled me, and said, "Baby, that's what comes with being an adult. When you become an adult, problems immediately come and there's no stopping it. And I'm sorry too, I shouldn't have said what I said. Besides, I like it when you protect me and I may need your protection one day." I nodded and kissed her. We laid back down and fell asleep. When I woke up, we were still cuddling and she had my shirt bunched up in her hands. I looked up and saw Lin and two other cast members staring at us. "G'morning sleepyhead.", he said, standing up. "You're late and you weren't picking up your phones. Figured we'd check on you and see if you were okay." "We're fine, how did you get in?", I asked. "I have a key.", Chris said. "Damn, I forgot I gave you a key. Well can you guys wait downstairs, I don't want to wake her up.", I replied, pointing to Jasmine. They nodded and went to the living room.

When they left, she woke up. "What's going on, I l heard you talking to someone..", she said, slowly sitting up. "Lin, Chris, and Renée are here, we're late.", I said. "LATE?! GET UP, WE GOTTA GO!", she yelled, jumping up to get dressed. We ran downstairs and out the door.

Jasmine's POV
When we got to the theater, Oak and Pippa taunted us. "Why were you two so sleepy? Long night?", Oak asked, smirking. I rolled my eyes, and kept walking to my dressing room. I realized my hand was still broken. The painkillers had worn off and the wrap Anthony gave me was loosening, causing my hand to start hurting. "Anthony, I need you to rewrap my hand.", I said, running up to him mid practice. He nodded and took me backstage. While he was wrapping my hand, Pippa walked backstage and said, "Jasmine. Yet again I ask, what happened to your hand." I sighed and said, "I got into a fight with an old friend, that's all. Please don't-" "YOU GUYS, JASMINE GOT INTO A FIGHT!", she yelled. "- tell anyone...", I continued. Everyone came running backstage. "What happened?" "Are you okay?" "Why is he wrapping it? Is it broken?", they asked. "I'm fine, guys. Go back to practice."

They suspiciously went back to practice and so did Anthony and I. By the end of practice, my hand and feet were killing me, I had a headache from the loud music, and I broke my glasses. Today was not my day. When lunch came around Chris, Lin, Pippa, Renée, Ant, and I all went to get food for the cast. The boys went in to get the food while the girls and I stayed in the car. As soon as they left, the turned to me and gave me a look that said "Spill." I sighed and explained to them how I was tired of Kaia's shit so I beat her up. Their mouths dropped.

"Awww, my poor baby is dickmatized.", Pippa said. "Dickma- no, that's not what's happening.", I defended. "What did you do last night after we left?", Renée asked. I looked down and said, "I..watched tv.." "Oh, you guys totally had sex after we left!", Pippa shouted. "Shhhh! No, we didn't! He wrapped my hand, I went out with my friends, came back, we ate and talked a little, then we went to sleep.", I said.

"Rapid fire! What's your name?"

"Jasmine."

"How old are you?"

"26."

"Who are you dating?"

"Anthony Ramos."

"Did you go out before or after the sex?", Renée said quickly, attempting to trick me. It totally worked.

"After. Fuck you!", I said shaking my head.

They laughed. When the boys got back in, Pippa said to me, "You don't have to hide it, girl, we all already know." Anthony's eyes widened. He looked at me, looking to see what she was talking about but I just shook my head. "We know what? That y'all had sex?", Chris said, looking at me and Anthony. Anthony spit out his drink and my eyes widened. Chris just laughed and drove us back to the theater.

(THIS IS WHAT I MEANT BY SHIRT BUNCHED UP IN HER HANDS)

(credit: @joeando on tiktok)