Chapter Six

Zev was still laying on the couch, it had been maybe about an hour or two since we talked. He wasn't asleep yet though, he was trying but the congestion was keeping him up. I gave him a box of tissues and made him take the medication.

The meds didn't seem to help much, if anything he's actually gotten worse.

"Hey." I crouched next to the couch and put my hand on his forehead. "You should change into your pyjamas, maybe that will help you sleep." He was warm, and his hair was damp from his sweat, sticking to his forehead.

Slowly he opened his eyes. Only halfway, it seemed like he didn't have the energy to open them any further. "Mmh mmh." He agreed. "Lemme just-" He readjusted, and was attempting to pull his shirt over his head. As it was halfway over his head, he stopped with a groan. 

"Here." I pulled it off for him, putting it aside. "You want your pyjama shirt?"

He turned to me, with a look of almost disbelief. "Really?" He smirked at me weakly.

I looked over his body, his chest was shiny with sweat. "Yeah, I guess that was a stupid question." I couldn't help but laughed, even Zev cracked an amused smile

It was just past lunch. The beaming sunlight was coming through the windows, lighting the little particles of glass that I missed. I'll have to get that later.

"You good to sleep now? Maybe?" He rubbed his eyes.

"Yeah, maybe. Let me just take these off." He gestured to his jeans. The thick band of his boxers visible past the waist of the denim.

He fiddled with the button and the zipper for a second, before pulling them past his hips. He went limp and smiled. "Give me a sec, that just used up all my energy." A weak giggled passed through his lips.

"Want some help?" I gave him a half-smile.

"Sure. Just make sure my boxers don't go with them." He laughed. "That'd be embarrassing."

I felt myself go a little red, but I stayed relaxed. "Nothing I haven't seen before." Probably not the best response.

He paused for a sec and stared at me. "Huh? When did you see my dick?" He seemed puzzled but amused.

"Remember, skinny dipping in Atlanta." Those were the good times. Well not that we're any less crazy than we were two years ago.

"Oh yeah, that was fun. We should do that again." His eyes were shut. That was another trip we went on but only me and Zev could go. Levi and Ezra had other things to do that weekend, so they went on a trip of their own the next weekend.

"Yeah." He held onto his boxers and I pulled his jeans off.

"You have a nice butt," he mumbled. My eyes widened. He chuckled weakly. "Just saying," he added with a singsong voice.

"Well I'm flattered that you think I have a nice ass," I said mockingly, trying to hide how flustered he had made me. I got his pants off and folded them placing them on the coffee table.

"Thanks man." A sigh left his lips. "Ha. You ever think we'd end up here?" He turned to look at me.

Well, I never thought, but I definitely had hoped that he would take his pants off one day... sure maybe it wasn't supposed to happen like this. "Nah, never crossed my mind." Turning my head over I met his eyes. He looked very sickly. Pale and all. "You should really sleep properly now. You don't look any better"

He nodded in agreement. "I'll do my best." He curled up into a ball and tried to get comfortable.

"Can you stand?" He opened his eyes halfway. They were drooping with exhaustion.