Chapter Twenty

***Jasper's P.O.V.***

Five months ago - August 26

Today was the day. I and the boys are going on our annual camping trip. Zev and I spent the night before together packing and getting our shit together. Our little "pre-slumber party" is usually pointless and results in us not sleeping or doing anything that we said we'd do. But hey, that's the whole fun of it.

"Jasper, you got everything? We really should have done all this last night instead of you trying to teach me how to bake." Zev walked into the livingroom caring five bags. One that had our tent and two sleeping bags. We had agreed to bring our portable BBQ to make meals, i say ours but it's Zev's, he just doesn't know how to use it, so it's become my job to make him bar BBQ whenever he wants. The other two bags had our essentials. Toothbrush, change of clothes, ouija board, flash lights, candles and some other shit.

He dropped all the bags on the floor, they landed with a loud thud. He was probably right. That was a disaster. The whole process including cleaning up, which was most of it, took about three hours. Never again.

"Yeah you're probably right. Bad idea, but yeah everything is packed and ready." I gave him the thumbs up. He smiled tiredly and flopped onto the couch. He looked exhausted, I guess that means me and Levi will be the only two driving. Out of the four of us, only me and Levi have a lot of driving experience. Zev and Ezra loved off public transit. They didn't start driving till they came to uni. Zev said he would drive part of the way this year but... I looked over at him curled into my sofa cushions. Yeah he seems...well i wouldn't trust him to drive like this.

"Muh" He mumbled in agreement, pulling a blanket over himself.

"No no no no. We are not doing this today." I quickly made my way over to Zev and pulled the blankets off him.

"Mgh, come on man, we have like 10 minutes to spare." He gave me puppy dog eyes. He seems to think that works on me, but it literally never has. Never.

"Yeah but those 10 minutes need to be used productively. Like dude you're still in your pyjamas, what happened to being the "best dressed" of the group?" I raised an eyebrow at him. He scowled at me, sitting up. He usually was the best dressed out of the four of us. Well I mean him and Ezra compete for the title. Me and Levi wear a lot of hoodies, jeans and t-shirts.

Ezra likes hats and goth esk fashion, but he's hungover a lot so he'll just wear his pjs out. Zev wears scarves, hats, nice boots and this man can pull off any weird ass pattern, the polkadot pants threw all of us off our game, but he looked good and knew it. Over the years he's toned down his style a bit. And with school both Ezra and Zev don't put much effort in to their outfits on the fault anymore, but when we go out, that's when they go off.

"Well to be fair I still looked better than you and Levi in my pyjamas so...get on my level mate." He made two peace signs. He stood up grabbing one of the bags and walking into the other room.

I swear he's like 14 or something. I went into the kitchen to grab myself a snack before we have to leave and that i could eat on the way. I put the cookies in a container, packing them deep in my smaller bag. I had been hiding from Zev so we could take them on the trip. We each had a smaller bag with our emergency stuff in it for when we go exploring, like flashlight snack stuff like that.

I put some peanut butter and jam on a piece of bread and topped it with another. I took a big bite. "Hey Jasper don't forget your 3DS, i'm gonna fuck you guys up in mario cart." Right almost forgot about that.

Zev walked around the corner in his black jeans, they weren't tight but fit just right. The stylish belt he wore had a silver buckle with an intricate design. His t-shirt was a bale blue and white button up. He had it tucked loosely into the pants and the short sleeves rolled even shorter, exposing the few tattoos he had on his bicep and shoulders. He even put a few of his silver rings on, not sure what the symbols meant but I bet $100 at least one of them was from a game or something.