Chapter Sixteen

***Zev's P.O.V.***

It's been around two months since me and Jasper got together. Things were going great, but something about him has been slowly changing. I noticed it even before we started dating.

He was laying on the edge of my bed naked. His thighs opened wide for me. He was flushed red, and his white knuckles gripping the sheets. God, he was so pretty.

I thrust in and out of his hole. I bent down cupping his face with my hand and kissing him deeply. He moaned against my lips.

He was close. Over just these two months I've learned what every little movement of his body means. Like right now, he was desperately trying to fuck himself on my dick, while also squeezing his legs around me.

"Zev, please." I loved to hear him moan my name.

The build-up on my end was also becoming unbearable. He was still so tight and wet with all the lube we used. He was gonna milk me dry.

I jerked my hips forward faster. He met me halfway and before he knew it he went over the edge. I didn't follow far behind. He lay there for a second before coming back to reality and covering himself shyly.

I tucked myself back into my pyjama bottoms and he slipped his underwear back on. We laid in my bed together. I held him tightly from behind, nuzzling my head into his back.

He was tense, more than usual. I've been noticing that lately. His shoulders are stiff, I can't remember the last time I saw him relaxed, other than when we have sex.

He laid in my arms, I could almost feel the stress emanating from him. The moon lit up the room as we lay silently.

He won't tell me what's wrong either. I don't know if it's me or something else. We sleep together most nights now, cuddling in each others arms, much like we are now. There have been a few nights where I've stayed up, pretending to sleep, so I could watch him. Listen to him.

He lies awake looking around the room, as though something is there. When he was sleeping he would mumble in his sleep, or he would kick and flail. And in the day he looks dazed, like he's not really there. I don't feel like he's with me anymore, and it hurts to see the person I love go through this. And there's nothing I can do.

"Jasper?" I rubbed small circles on his stomach with my finger. He didn't answer right away, it took him a second. "Jasper are you alright?"

"You're always asking me that." It looks like he hasn't slept for days from what I gather. His eyes were bloodshot, and he looked pale. Not to mention he wasn't even cooking anymore. I've been ordering takeout and doing my best to prepare food. I wish he was ok.

"It's because I'm worried. I can tell something's not right." I sunk my head down on his back. I wouldn't say I'm a person that typically worries this much, but every day I feel my anxiety rising ever so slightly. "I'm just scared for you. I want to hel-"

"I don't know what's wrong with me, ok!" He yelled angrily. My hand that was on his waist stopped moving and I pulled away slightly. "...uh. I-i'm sorry." He never yells. For the 4 years I've known him I can count the times he's yelled on one hand. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell at you like that." He curled back closer to me.

Yeah, something is definitely wrong. Really wrong. "When was the last time you slept for more than 3 hours in a night?"

The bright light of the moon was supposed to be soothing, maybe even romantic, but I felt neither of those things right now. It didn't help ease my tension in the slightest.

"I dunno. A week and a half ago i think. Something around there. But my mind could be deceiving me. Tell me Zev what day is it?" It hurt me greatly to watch him go through something like this. I've never seen somebody so mentally exhausted before.