Chapter Twenty-Nine

I woke up in my own bed. It was the first day of reading week. What a nice break, and because I was so on top of my stuff I don't have anything to do. I was beaming with happiness. I cooked up some breakfast and made my way to Zev's place to surprise him. I struggled to unlock and open the door with my full hands. He wasn't in the living room or kitchen. I heard his voice coming from his room. I placed the food down on the table and tiptoed my way over. The door was cracked open. He was talking on the phone. It was on speaker as he rummaged through his draws.

"I'm glad everything is going well but I have a favor to ask of you." It was a women's voice through the phone.

"Okay..." Zev responded cautiously.

"Me and Emmett are going on vacation for a few days, would you mind watching the kids." He paused dead in his motion.

"But Aria, they hate me. Why can't you just hire a babysitter or something. I wanted to spend some time with Jasper." He was talking to his older sister I think, Aria was her name if I'm right.

"They don't hate you. I don't want to hire a babysitter, I haven't seen you in months, and bring Jasper with you, I want to meet this guy you've been talking about. It's been what, almost five months and I haven't met him yet." Zev sighed.

"I'll have to ask him, he has been pretty busy with school," I slowly opened the door. He looked over at me quickly, and smiled. "One second I'll ask him now," he directed his attention to me. "My sister is going on vacation for a few days and wants me to watch my nieces, she also wants to meet you. You wanna come?" I've always wondered about his family. I know he doesn't have the best relationship with them, with exception to his older sister of course. i want to meet her.

"Yeah I'd love to," I said with a smile.

His eyes lit up before he turned back around. "He said yes."

"Great, I'll prepare the guest room, aaaaand I've emailed you the plane tickets. Your flight leaves at 6 am tomorrow." What?

"Wait tomorrow?" Zev said in shock.

"Yep safe travels I gotta go, love you by." The phone beeped as she hung up. He slowly turned to me.

"Well I guess we should get packing," he chuckled, scratching the back of his neck.

I had so many questions, but I'll figure that out in a bit.

*************************************

We arrived at the Ottawa airport. We walk to the arrivals area. I've never met his sister or really even seen an up to date picture of her, so i'm relying on Zev completely to point her out. Or that's how I thought it would go. I was walking next to Zev, we kept a slow pace as we scanned the area for his sister.

"Bam Bam!" Before either of us could turn around to see what the commotion was Zev was tackled to the ground from behind. He looked shocked then a wide smile appeared on his lips.

He sat up on his knees and turned around squeezing the lady who tackled him. She had really dark hair like Zev, pale skin, she was very pretty. She wore plaid dress pants, a white blouse that was tucked in and a long wool jacket over it all. "Aria," he nuzzled his head into her shoulder. "I missed you."

"You too Bam Bam, you too." They pulled off eachother. She touched his hair. "You growing out your hair again?" she asked, putting her hands in her lap.

"Nah i'm just keeping it at this length," he said, touching his soft black hair.

"Ah okay, it looks good, just asking because you told me not to let you do the whole emo thing again," she chuckled.