Chapter Twenty-Three

Thorin's P.O.V.

How is it that Exitium took Jasper and Zev's memories of that night? He's developing quickly into a very dangerous demon. Hell would be proud.

I was back in my living room while Vihaan did dishes. Maybe he can help me, I mean he must be at least a little bored being stuck in here all day. All he does is read books, cook and watch mortal television, what an old man.

"Vihaan?" I sat up straight. That was yet another thing he was always on me about, my posture.

"Yes, Thorin?" He looked over drying his hands on the kitchen towel.

"I have a question about a certain demon, and maybe how to solve a problem." I nervously smiled. His eyes narrowed at me as he came into the room and sat in the armchair in front of me.

"Thorin please tell me you haven't gotten yourself into any trouble." A worried expression plagued his pale white face.

"Er well, you see. You know Exitium?" He looked quite disappointed that I may have gotten myself into a bad situation. Though I'd hardly call this a bad situation.

"Why yes actually, I've heard quite a bit about him. He's a young upcoming demon who's been leaving his mark on the human realm for centuries. "Can't say I'm a fan." He crossed his legs.

"Well, you remember I mentioned a human named Jasper?"

"Why yes, I believe I do... Oh was that the one who's hand you healed?"

"Yes, him. Well, Exitium is terrorizing him and his soul mate, it's disheartening to watch so I've been undoing the harm that Exitium has been plaguing them with. I've healed them, buried memories, you name it." He gave me a look and before he could lecture me I explained myself. "I know you told me not to help the humans because I can be executed and demons don't help humans and yada yada yada, but unfortunately I think I've grown a form of emotional attachment to them, I can't just let them be killed. The two of them have already been through so much in their short lives, they deserve to be happy together. Not very demonic of me I know. I may be a demon but I am just as equally an angel, possibly even more with your parenting methods, so I'm never going to be a 'good' demon, I will never take pride and joy in harming the mortals, but I do enjoy helping the kind ones when they need it the most." As a child, I hated who I was, hated being a half breed. I hated that my angel side shined through in my personality more than my demon side did. I just wanted to be like everyone else. Even with Vihaan being the nice demon that he is, I'm very much like him. We used to get ridiculed by the other demons when he would take me out for walks. But as time has gone on I've learned to accept my half-breed nature and use it to help the mortals find true happiness, and of course lust.

Vihaan smiled softly. "I'm very proud of you for doing the right thing, or what I would consider the right thing. The rest of hell would disagree as I'm sure you're aware. The reason I tell you not to heal or do anything kind to humans because it is against our laws, and they will execute you if they find out. You either do wrong or do nothing, it's not our jobs anymore to help the mortals, we leave that for the angels, not that they ever do much, just go on about God's plan and all." It is true, for the most part, Demons and Angels both stay out of the human realm, but demons do tend to be more active. "So I take it as you want Exitium to leave them be so they may be happy with each other?"

"Yeah pretty much." I've mistakenly bonded with the two of them. I can't leave them to die. The guilt I'm not even supposed to feel would eat me alive.

"Alright, come with me." Vihaan stood up, I followed as he lead me through the living room to the study. The brown tones in the room added an unnecessary warm atmosphere. You know living in hell and all.