Epilogue

Fifteen years after the war between heaven and hell had begun the half-breed demon Thorin was quite fed up with it. It angered him. He wondered what would truly come of this war, why did they need blood shed to solve political issues? He was back in his home, which was more empty than normal. He glazed over at the unused kitchen and fought back the pressure behind his dim violet eyes. His adoptive father had passed. He revealed himself as an ancient to save his son. Both sides came together and executed him. After that day Thorin really felt as though he had nothing to live for, nothing to fight for. The only thing that made hell feel like home was gone, and never to return.

He fought nonetheless, mainly to get revenge on those who had a hand in the murdur of Vihaan. He was very dangerous. Due to his half-breed nature, he was immune to the weapons of both sides. Neither heaven nor hell could harm him, and for that, he had become the most feared soldier. But not a soldier of Hell, but a soldier of himself. He's slaughtered hundreds of angels and demons. He sometimes lets his anger get the best of him, yet he regrets it later. Though after he killed all those responsible for the execution of his adoptive father he didn't start fights. All the other cases in which he killed was simply self-defence. And he always felt guilty for taking their lives. Sure they weren't sentient like him or Vihaan were, but maybe they could have been. Maybe they could see the reality behind this pointless war.

He sat in the living room, running his hand through his shoulder-length hair. He had finally cut it, it was simply unconventional in the war, and he was sick of ponytails. They had closed the gate to the human realm but he had figured out a way to get a glimpse into what his friends were doing. He hadn't realized that that's what they were to him, friends, or maybe they had been more then that fifteen years ago, but he knew he would probably never talk to them again, so all he could do was watch them through the method he developed.

He would close his eyes and see either Jasper or Zev at any given moment. He didn't use it often. He felt it was a breach of privacy, but every few months he'll check up on them. They had gotten married nine years ago. Zev had proposed and it was a beautiful wedding, and to both Jasper and Zev's surprise, Zev's parents showed up and congratulated them. Alaiya and Nova were the flower girls. They had invited Thorin, Jasper would sometimes sit up in bed at night and speak to him. He was so close to developing a way to let them know he was still here, that he could hear Jasper speaking to him. He was so close, he guesses it may take him a few more weeks to figure that out. He has developed many more powers over the last fifteen years. They came to him with age and knowledge he guessed.

He closed his eyes to see them.

"Oh my gosh, you would not believe the day I had," Jasper said as he came in the door. Zev was cooking dinner, he had been learning with Jasper's help over the years.

"Was it a bad day? Cause I can-" Zev's voice was full of concern. Jasper cut him off with a laugh.

"Not hardly, just busy I guess. My client was just... Well, i can't tell you anything due to confidentiality." Jasper was a very successful lawyer, all his years of studying and hard work really paid off. Throin was super happy for him, and Zev as well who owned his own construction company. Business was booming for him too. Though he wasn't a fan of the paperwork.

"I wish you could tell me about your day," Zev said as he dried his hands on the dish towel.

"Well I can, it just depends on what, you know that." Jasper took his shoes off and went straight for Zev who was already holding his arms out. They hugged tightly like they haven't been married and living together for almost a decade. "How was your day. Dinner smells delicious by the way." They pulled away from each other and Jasper sat down at the kitchen table taking his suit jacket off and hanging it behind him on the chair.