Chapter Eleven

Cole's house was a cluster fuck as usual. Cole was a rich kid. Though not the unbearable kind. His parents bought him this house; he has no mortgage, but he uses the place for parties most of the time. He was actually a super nice guy.

Despite both his parents being successful lawyers and being an only child. He really didn't need to have a job, but like most of us, he works over the summer.

We actually went to the same high school and elementary school. But he doesn't know that. He's the only person from my high school that moved all the way up here.

We never talked back then, I only remember him because I was crazy jealous of him.

Both parents, rich, good looking. But I stayed on the down low, thankfully. But I put everything aside after high school and here we are. He's a good friend of mine now.

"Jasper, Zev, hey guys. What's up?" He hit me lightly on the shoulder.

"Not much." I smiled. The music was loud, there were people dancing.

"Well there will be, it's gonna be awesome tonight. There's not many people here today, maybe like 30 or something. Less of a party and more of a small get-together. But that's alright. We'll make it fun." He winked. Cole was always so cheery when surrounded by people. He threw a party every Friday, well when he could.

"Of course we will," Zev said with his usual cheery voice, elbowing Cole slightly. They were also good friends.

"Hand me your coats and stuff." We undressed from our jackets and passed them to Cole, it was kinda useless because he just threw them on the floor in the pile of other coats. He turned back to us looking very happy. "Ok, well go get em boys." He walked in-between and slapped our asses as he passed, greeting the next guests behind us. 

"I'll go get us some drinks." I turned to Zev and smiled. It had been a fake smile, I honestly wasn't feeling 100% right now, you know with Zev asking this girl out by the end of the night.

"Oh alright. Thanks." I nodded walking off to the beverages that were lined up being the plastic cups in the kitchen.

What should I get? They all look the same, I don't know too much about alcohol. Never was a drinker. They don't even taste any good...

I poured two cups of the random drink I chose, only filling the cup about one-fourth of the way and walked back to where I left Zev. He wasn't there. I looked around, there he was in the dance area, with a girl. I felt my heart ache. It felt like someone was squeezing my heart in their fist. The room swayed back and forth. I put one foot in front of the other and made my way over to where Zev was. He was standing there as the girl danced with him. Their bodies close. Too close.

I stood like a meter away, and he made eye contact with me. "T-thanks man," he said with a soft smile and pink cheeks. She continued moving on him, I think she was drunk already. Was this the girl that Zev liked?

"I'm gonna go look for Ezra and Levi. I'll be around." I half-heartedly smiled. It was taking all my strength to look happy, but I was doing it.

"Oh alright. Don't go too far." He put his hands on the girl's hips and looked down at her. I think a part of me died. It was like being stabbed. I didn't, couldn't say anything else, I didn't want to watch this. I left and went back to the kitchen with my cup still in hand.

I chugged it down. It burned my throat, tasted horrible. I poured a full cup of punch this time. Is this really happening? Before when that girl took him away from me it hurt and it was very lonely, but it didn't hurt like this. I should have stayed home. This fucking sucks. I can't believe I love Zev. Am I gay? I thought about it for a second. Would I have sex with a man... Zev 100 percent. I scanned the room looking at other attractive men. I don't want any of them... I want Zev.