Chapter Nineteen

***Zev's P.O.V.***

I opened my eyes to see a room I didn't recognize. I looked around for Jasper. I was alone. Then everything that had happened last night came back to me. I'm in Jasper's mom's room.

Oh god, this is so embarrassing. She tucked me in too. The last mother figure in my life to tuck me in was my older sister. But that was a long time ago. I sighed.

I should apologize for causing her so much trouble. I honestly had the Jasper thing under control. He only has one more day on those pills then he's done.

But I trust when she says that it's not him. Even if he wasn't being possessed, I wouldn't have blamed him for what he was doing to me. You can't exactly control your actions and words in your sleep. Still I don't know which would have been better. The whole him being possessed is really scary. But it is comforting to know he never meant to say or do all those things to me. He still loves me. That's all that matters.

I stood up, my feet hit the cold floor. The room was warmer than I remember from last night. I turned around and made the bed. Flattening out the sheets and placing the pillows in an orderly fashion.

I walked out the room and noticed there was a blanket draped over the small couch at the end of the hall. Did Jasper's mom sleep there because I slept in her bed? A wave of guilt swept over me. I sighed. Why do I always cause trouble for people?

I started walking down the stairs. Jasper wasn't in his room and I heard voices. I need to apologize to both of them for being so much trouble.

I got to the end of the stairs, still hidden by the wall, and I stopped as I heard what they were talking about.

"Jasper look you rea-" His mom's tone was sad and calm.

"Where is Zev what happened to him?" I wanted to say I'm right here, but Ms. J is probably gonna tell him the truth and I don't want to be there for that. It may be a bit selfish, but I can't bare to see the hurt in his face. I just can't.

"He's upstairs asleep in my room."

"W-What? Why? That doesn't make any sense?"

"Look Jasper you need to know something, please just listen. Please. And I need you to sit down ok, don't panic, don't get angry, try to keep any negative emotions to a minimum as hard as it is going to be." Jasper stayed silent.

"Zev loves you very much. Just remember that." She paused. "You've been sleepwalking... and the bruises on Zev's face was..."

"Did i- did I do that to him." His voice shook as he spoke quietly. My heart ached.

"Y-yes, but no, you were possessed by that thing from when you were young." His mom shakily sighed. "I woke up last night and saw you beating Zev, so I got him out of there but before I did, you looked over at me and I could see in your eyes and the things you were saying that it wasn't you, it was the man with no face... the one from 19 years ago."

"W-why... can't I just be a good fucking person mum?" He cried. "I-is he ok? I need to know if he's ok." I heard a chair shift and footsteps coming my way.

"Wait Jasper-"

Jasper came around the corner and we locked eyes.

"Z-zev..." His eyes teared up and he took a few steps back.

"Wait Jasper, I'm ok. It might look bad but I'm fine really, it wasn't you it was that thing controlling you." I haven't actually seen my face yet, but I can feel the swelling the throbbing pain, it didn't hurt that bad.

"I-i did this to you..." He stumbled backwards. "I'm so sorry. I-i" He turned around and ran for the front door.

I chased after him. But he was too fast, he opened the door and left. No shoes, no coat. It was the middle of winter. There were dark clouds in the sky, it was cold and windy.