Chapter Twenty-Five

It has now been a week since our car date/movie day. We are back in classes for the second semester and Zev's work schedule has slowed back down again. We have temporarily been living in our respective apartments because of school, we still visited and stuff but half of Zev's classes are in the afternoon, and mine start early morning so we can't walk together. Plus paper and assignments are easier to keep at our own places instead of dragging them back and forth.

It was a crisp Thursday evening, or afternoon depending on how you want to look at it. The sun was almost set, despite it only being just past 5. Gotta love winter. It was also overcast so that's not helping either. Walking home from classes was sad and gloomy. It had snowed a little during my walk as well.

Currently, I was standing in my kitchen making a batch of cookies for Zev. I saw him yesterday. We crossed paths while I was headed home from class and he was heading to his first. He seemed pale, kinda out of it, he said everything was alright and brushed off my concerns. Maybe the new semester is getting to him, or maybe he's coming down with a cold. Either way, I'm sure these will cheer him up.

I placed the dozen now cooled cookies in a plastic container. I looked out the window that was over the kitchen sink. There was a gloomy rain-snow mix falling from the clouds.

I turned away picking up the container to head over to Zev's. I slipped on my light blue Colombia hoodie. It was warm, I didn't need to bring a whole winter jacket so this'll have to do. I slipped on my shoes, an extra key to Zev's place in hand and headed out the door. It was cold and wet. I don't like it. I usually like the rain, but maybe it was the part snow or the cold that just wasn't doing it for me. I locked my door behind me and walked two doors down. We really should have just become roommates in second year. It would have worked out so well, plus we would've saved some cash.

I unlocked his apartment and went inside locking it behind me. He wasn't anywhere to be seen. I looked around and placed the tupperware on the kitchen table. There was an odd atmosphere, I couldn't put my finger on what exactly it was though. It was so quiet, almost like he wasn't home. He could be in his room. I walked along the hardwood floor into his carpeted room, silence, but the bathroom door was shut, he's probably in there. As I was just about to call out to him I heard a quiet sob. Is he o-

I didn't even get to finish my thought before I noticed something horrific. Blood pooling under the door. I didn't even knock, I didn't care to. I heard him crying and there was blood under the door. I need to get to him as fast as possible. I pushed down on the handle with all my strength, and adrenaline, the lock mechanism poped and the handle gave. I flung the door open and I was met with a terrifying sight. Zev was sat on the bathroom floor naked from the waist down holding a razor. The side of his hip and bum was covered in fresh pink scars, but the thing that had my attention was on the four massive cuts open and raw. They were so deep and big. I-i've never seen someone so badly injured. I was standing in a puddle of his blood.

"Z-zev?" Is this real? He looked up at me in horror, eyes widening as shock stopped his tears. I dropped to my knees. "Zev what did you do?! Oh my god!" I started to cry myself. He so badly hurt. There was so much blood. "Why- what happened?!" My hands shook as I held them out trying to figure out what to do with them, my eyes shot up to Zev's who's looked drained, empty of life. "Zev!?" I cupped his cheek.

"I-i'm sorry. I know I promised you I'd never do it again, but I couldn't... my mind just kept replaying it, I can't..." His voice shook weakly.

"Hospital, you need to go to the hospital. Phone, phone," Shit I left my phone at home. "Zev where's your phone?" I was panicked. What do I do?

"No, don't, I'll be fine I just need to-" he attempted to stand but fell back down blood gushed out of his opened wounds.

"No, stay don't get up. Where's your phone?" Is he gonna die? No, he has to be fine it's too early.