Chapter Thirty

My classes were over for the day, what a relief. I just wanna see Zev. I smiled softly at the thought of him as I walked back to my place to put my books and things away, then went over to Zev's place. Zev was home already, his classes ended early on Fridays.

I walked inside to see Zev playing a video game on the PS4. "Hey," I said slipping my shoes off.

"Hey Jasper," he paused the game looking up at me across the room.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked, my forehead scrunched up.

He sighed, patting the couch. I sat next to him. He had a troubled look on his face. "It's nothing, I just got off the phone with my parents." He cringed.

He's never said much about his parents, and the stuff I do know about them I'm not sure if I'm too fond. "Oh? Is everything good?"

"Yeah yeah totally," he smiled. "I haven't spoken to them for over a year, it just caught me off guard. You know I'm not exactly on good terms with them. I thank them for feeding me sort of and giving me a roof over my head for the first 18 years of my life but... well let's just say, with the things they've said to and about me I'm not exactly close with them." He shrugged.

"Do they know about us?" I went and sat next to him on the couch. I had wondered about that for a while. Like he said he hasn't spoken to them for a long time, but maybe his sister said something.

"Well, kind of. When I was talking to them I mentioned I was dating a guy. Surprisingly enough my mom didn't seem too disappointed. They wanted me to keep the last girlfriend I had." He cringed once again as he spoke. I never liked that bitch. "But I'm sure you know how that went down," he rolled his eyes with a playful smile. "I never told them I had broken up with her, it totally slipped my mind. But yeah they know about us." I reached out and hugged him quickly.

"Well it's not like we need their blessing or anything right?" I pulled away and he smiled at me.

"Yeah, that is true," he kissed me then stood up. "So I think-" he was cut off by a knock at the door. "One second. Who the hell could that be? No one ever comes to visit out of the blue like this." He was right, normally if me Ezra or Levi are gonna visit we text him first. Well I just let myself in now but before I would text or he would know I was coming over to walk to class with him in the morning.

He opened the door and a man wearing a sweater with his hood up walked in connecting their lips. Zev pushed him off, but then his face of anger soften. He cupped the man's cheeks and smiled softly and leaned in kissing him again. My heart dropped. There was a sudden tightness in my shoulders that didn't back down in the slightest even when I stood up.

Who was he? "W-what..." My words only came out as a meer whisper as I walked up to them. Zev turned to me with a happy smile, one that did not fit the situation. "You're... cheating on me?" I felt a unmistakable pressure behind my eyes. I looked at the man, finally getting a good view of his face. It was the guy from the bar, and the party. He pulled his hood down, and his long white hair fell free.

"Make him remember, I can't stand that he thinks I'm cheating on him." That I think? How am I forgetting something as important as this. Zev just had his tongue in another man's mouth.

Before I could protest or do anything really the man grabbed the collar of my shirt and pulled me close, kissing me. I mumbled a 'no' against his lips before memories started to seem more opaque. He helped us. He's the reason me and Zev were able to love each other. He saved us, without him, I wouldn't be here.... Thorin. He pulled away. I remember him, everything. He took our memories of him. Oh my god I slapped him last week when he kissed me while we were at Zev's sisters house.