.013

Tiri's words bother him more than he wants to admit. It feels like she knows something he doesn't about all this.

After landing the ship, everyone mounts a blurrg. While Cara and Kuiil get on their own, Tiri stands back with the Child's closed new pod. Mando offers her a hand from atop his mount. "Coming?"

She looks over at the pod. "It might be a good idea for them to think I still can't speak," she says as she grabs his hand and settles on the blurrg behind him. "Thoughts?"

Mando shrugs as her hands come to rest on his waist. Unlike the last time they were on Nevarro, heat from her hands warms his sides. "Whatever you decide, General."

She punches his arm.

He finds himself laughing as they exit the Razor Crest, leaving the droid behind. Greef Karga and three hunters wait from them just a few yards away, but Mando can tell the man is less than pleased with his companions.

"Sorry for the remote rendezvous, Mando," Greef says. "But things have gotten complicated since you were last here. It appears that introductions are in order. It seems we've both provided a security detail. I recommend the shock-trooper guards the ship. These lava fields are lousy with Jawas."

Tiri's grip on Mando tightens, her fingers shaking. He imagines she wants to reach for one of the twin blades she had chosen to take with them.

"She's coming with me," Mando says.

"But the town is now run by ex-Empire. If a rebel dropper is with us, they'll all get their hackles up."

"She's coming."

"Fine!" Greef holds up his hands. "Fine. At least, cover your tattoo. No need to flaunt it." Tiri and Cara exchange a look. "Now, where's the little one?"

Tiri tenses behind him as Mando pushes a button on his wrist to make the Child's cradle move towards the hunters. The cradle opens, and the Child coos at the man.

"So, this little boggling is what all the fuss is about," Greef says before he picks up the Child.

Tiri leaps from the blurrg, her hand on the hilt of her blade. Mando does not stop her as she steps in front of the blurrgs, a raging expression on her face—one he hasn't seen since they first met.

"What a precious little creature," Greef continues, ignoring the fact that everyone around him now has a hand on some weapon or another. "I can see why you didn't wanna harm a hair on its wrinkled little head." As he places the Child back in the cradle, his eyes flick up to Tiri. Something doesn't sit right with Mando as Greef walks over to her. "As for you..." He simply purses his lips. "Well, I'm glad this matter will be put to rest once and for all."
Mando brings the cradle back to their side, but Tiri remains standing head to head with Greef.