.026

As they land on Nevarro, Alora could not be more thrilled. She races down to the hull before Mando finishes landing, the Child held tightly in her arms. Waiting for the ramp to lower, Alora rocks back and forth on her feet before walking out when the ramp stops a few feet shy of the ground.

Mando meets her on the ramp, jumping off and helping her down. The moment her feet hit the ground, she lets the Child walk on his own to hug Cara Dune tightly. "Oh, you're a sight for sore eyes," she whispers with a grin.

"Look's like someone could use some repairs," Greef says from Cara's side.

"How's my credit around here?" Mando asks as Alora takes a step back to look the ex-shock trooper up and down.

"I think something can be arranged. Isn't that right, Marshal?"

"Marshal?" Alora gasps. "Oh, don't tell me you've gone legit, Dune."

Cara smiles. "I'm sure we can work something out."

"I'll get my best people on it." Greef turns to the few workers already nearby. Alora frowns at them, wondering how they can be the best. "Hey, fellas. Let's fix this man's ship. I want it good as new."

"It's not a problem," Alora says. "Give me the parts, and I'll fix it myself."

Greef shakes his head. "You're not working on some ship others can fix when you're here, High General. You are too good to be wasted on that."

She blinks a few times.

"You know what I mean." Greef then kneels down to pick up the Child, a grin on his face. "Hello, there, little one. Have Mando and Alora been taking good care of you?"

"Greef, might be better to use Tiri in public," Alora says softly, eyeing the workers.

He nods in understanding before he leads the group into town. Alora stays back with Cara while the men walk a few paces ahead of them. She looks around the lively market, her gaze softening as she remembers the wonders of Alderaanian market days when the whole planet was filled with farmers selling their crops.

"You two have been busy," Mando says.

"I myself have been steeped in clerical work," Greef explains. "Marshal Dune here is to be thanked for cleaning up the town."

Alora squeezes Cara's shoulder. "Good work."

The trooper nods. "Ship's not looking too good." Her eyes fall on the dark cloth wrapped around Alora's wrist.

Mando and Alora exchange a look. "We had a run-in with the New Republic," Mando replies.

Greef scoffs. "They should leave the Outer Rim alone. If the Empire couldn't settle it, what makes them think they can?"