.124

 The timing worked out perfectly. When they reach Nevarro, Alora can see the Mandalorian fleet of stolen Imperial ships already descending toward the Mandalorian camp on the outskirts of the city. They are just in time.

The ride had been silent except for the sound of Alora's newly acquired tools working on the discs. She messed up, and she knows it. The only thought in her mind was the discs and the information she could get if she could fix them. She did not think about Din or the consequences of stopping by Bespin. Of seeing Lando Calrissian again.

For the first time since he betrayed her, she did not feel the usual spark of rage she had to pin down. Instead, she just felt emptiness. Like it was no longer worth her time to be upset about his decisions. That emptiness quickly filled, though, at the thought of Din watching and not knowing his thoughts.

It's like she cannot read him anymore. It is like that mask truly shields everything from her. The only indication of emotion comes from his voice, but now he is silent.

She acted selfishly, and now she is paying the price.

Selfishness should not be a sin.

The words in her mind sound like Lorn, but he would never say such a thing. The man did not have a selfish bone in his body—his life was devoted to the Alderaanian crown. Every action he took was for the good of his people. And Alora couldn't even act in the best interest of someone she cares about. Someone she can admit she cares about.

Maybe even more than care.

As they land, Alora shakes the thought from her mind. The last time she thought something that dangerous was when she broke. When she betrayed everything she grew up believing in. When she left her friends and her make-shift family out of pure selfishness disguised by her duty to Yoda. Yoda did not deserve her devotion, but old habits die hard.

Din hurries to land and disembark as the helmeted Mandalorians approach the settling fleet. Alora watches as the mercenaries step off their ships, all wearing their helmets. Bo-Katan walks down the ramp, sending them a nod from her ship as Alora pulls herself out of the ship. Grogu follows but makes a beeline for her and Din. Din scopes him up before he can reach Alora.

Taking a deep breath, Alora pulls her hood over her head and walks with Din to meet the two opposing Mandalorian clans. The mercenaries remove their helmets, Bo-Katan following a moment later.

Metal clanking echoes through the air. Alora glances at the Armorer standing by the tents atop a large box. "Welcome, fellow Mandalorians. We invite you to make camp. Let us prepare a feast for our guests."

A tense moment passes before the two clans disperse to their respective sides. Bo-Katan pulls Axe back as Paz Vizsla leads the others further away. Alora sees Greef approaching with a wide smile, but she lets her hood fall further over her face as she heads for the tents.