.101

When Alora lands, she leaps from the ship she had borrowed from Peli and rushes toward her old droid friend with a smile on her face. "R2!" She exclaims as the droid bounces and whirls toward her. "It's good to see you, buddy! Please tell me Luke has been nice to you. Be honest. I will make sure you're being treated right."

R2-D2 beeps happily as the Mandalorian's ship lands behind her. His new ship just angers her, seeing as how she's the one who found it in the first place and handed it off to Peli. The woman had promised to dismantle it, but apparently not. The ship only has space for one traveler anyway. It shouldn't be surprising: Din chose to return to his Creed—a life alone and wandering.

"Of course, you know the droid," he says from behind her as he steps foot on the planet.

Alora's smile melts away, and without turning, she says, "This droid is a war hero. Watch yourself."

"We're looking for Skywalker." She hears the Mandalorian getting closer, but he keeps his distance. R2 beeps and rocks back and forth. "I'm here for the kid. Grogu."

After a few moments of R2 protesting, Alora sighs as she rises to her full height. "I gotta talk to Luke, too. Can you take us?"

If the droid could roll its eyes, that is exactly what R2 would be doing. Instead, it leads them into the thin forest down an almost well-traveled path. They soon come upon the beginnings of a new dwelling where other droids are building a circular stone structure.

Alora admires the dwelling while the Mandalorian takes a few steps forward. "Is this where they are?"

Instead of answering, R2 shuts down. Alora lets out a barely subdued laugh that makes Mando turn to the now dark droid. "Hey, droid!" He says. "Hey! Wake up. Don't shut off. Hey!"

"Still has a sense of humor." Alora pats R2's head.

Obviously, Mando is unamused. He turns to the other droids now placing stones closer to them. "I'm looking for Skywalker?" He asks before he realizes what they are building. "Is that a bench? How long will I be waiting? Is anyone here? Anyone alive? Did you get the wrong planet?"

Alora arches a brow from beneath her cloak. "I have the right place, I assure you. I know Luke. He always talked about training me here." Silence overtakes them. "Obviously, that didn't work out for me. Look, trust me or don't, I don't care anymore, but wherever Luke is, so is Grogu. He'll come talk to you sooner or later, so just wait."

She glances around the bamboo forest and takes a few steps before the Mandalorian calls out, "And where are you going?"

"Away from you." She sends him a malicious grin. "Or maybe I'm just going to explore a bit. Don't worry, it's not like I can leave you stranded here. We both have ships."

Without waiting, she wakes off into the forest. She can feel his gaze on her back until suddenly it's gone and she lets her bravado slip away. It is hard to keep up with him, but she must. Letting him in the first time felt natural; she won't make that mistake again.