.022

Nodding to the Frog Lady, Alora connects the small wires and jerks away from the spark. "Try now," she says with a nod.

The Frog Lady grips the vocabulator tightly as she speaks. "Testing." The device blurts out. The woman blinks in surprise before speaking again. "Testing. Testing."

"Good!" Alora smiles, placing her hands on her hips despite the shaking in her bones. The cold seeping into the hull has taken hold of her and refuses to let go. No amount of blankets or cloaks is going to keep it away, though a dirty part of her mind sometimes drifts to one way of keeping warm if it were just her and the Mandalorian.

With a nod of gratitude, the woman turns to the sleeping Mandalorian, saying, "Wake up, Mandalorian."

Alora squeals as Mando draws his blaster and points at the poor woman. In response, she steps in front of him, sending him a look. "Might not want to be that abrupt," she mutters. "He always wakes up a little grumpy."

"This cannot wait until morning. Do not be alarmed. She created a small translator with your spare droid vocabulator."

"For someone who hates droids, you sure have a lot of parts," Alora says with a shrug as he puts the blaster away. "Was easier than I thought it would be."

"What are you doing?" Mando snaps.

"These eggs are the last brood of my life cycle. My husband has risked his life to carve out an existence for us on the only planet that is hospitable to our species. We fought too hard and suffered too much to resign ourselves to the extinction of our family line. I must demand that you hold true to the deal that you agreed to."

Mando shakes his head. "Lady, the deal is off. We're lucky if we get off this frozen tomb with our lives."

Alora sighs and bites her bottom lip as the Child makes his way over to her. She scoops him into her arms and tucks him into her multiple layers with a soft smile.

"I thought honoring one's word was a part of the Mandalorian code. I guess those are just stories for children."

Mando turns to Alora, his helmet set on her and the Child as it coos. While she feels his gaze, she simply focuses on the Child and lets him play with her crooked fingers that never fully healed from her first experience with Sith Lords.

With a heavy sigh, Mando stands, muttering, "This was not a part of the deal."

As he steps out of the ship, Alora turns to the Frog Lady. "I know he's rough around the edges, but Mando will get us out of this mess. We've been in worse situations."

"I trust you. The Mandalorian, not as much. He is only kind to you."

"Kind?" Alora scoffs. "He's a pain."