.113

Alora lands Mando's ship beside Bo-Katan's and clambers out. That flying creature sure has stamina embedded in its DNA. She glances at Bo-Katan and shakes her head. They have a fight ahead of them.

As they walk together, Alora shivers under her cloak. She does not remember putting it on, but the setting sun makes the planet cold. Other Mandalorians meet them outside the cave, namely the Armorer, Mando, and Paz Vizsla.

"We kept a high altitude and followed it to its lair," Bo-Katan explains. "We know how to get there. We should muster up a hunting party and go after him."

"I was able to scout where it lives and mapped the location. The information is on the ship, but I sent it to Bo-Katan," Alora adds. "Come on." She leads the five of them to Bo-Katan's ship where she quickly pulls up the information. "There is the nest."

"It flew a long way," Mando says as he settles by her side. Bo-Katan, the Armorer, and Paz Visla also congregate around the hologram.

"I will go get him," Bo-Katan says.

"The mountains are too high." Paz Vizsla shakes his head. "If we use jetpacks, the beast will hear."

The Armorer crosses their arms. "It would kill the child."

"These peaks are no higher than the mountains on Alderaan. I used to climb them all the time," Alora explains."If we fly to the foothills, we can scale the rest on foot."

She feels Mando's gaze on the side of her face. "I'll join you."

"Paz Vizsla," the Armorer says. "Enjoin the Shriek-hawk Training team to accompany you. I will pack extended lariats for your launchers. We must avoid explosives and blasters for the safety of the foundling. As for you, Alora of Alderaan, I will find suitable protection. Any weaponry or armor we lend you must be returned."

"I'd appreciate the climbing gear, but I don't need armor." Crossing her arms, Alora stares at the hologram of the mountains. "It weighs me down. We need to be quick or that child is dead."

What she does not say are Lorn's words that echo in her ear from her own training: "If you fall, it is meant to be."

It does not take long to gather the Mandalorian hunting party and board Bo-Katan's ship. For the sake of ease, Alora had packed next to nothing except her weapons—two lightsabers and two beskar blades—along with the climbing gear. It is strange to only see different helmets, but she will get used to it.

She feels a tug in her chest as they take off, and she knows it is from Grogu. Pressing a hand to her chest, she tries to shake off the feeling and focus on co-piloting the ship. Be safe, Grogu, she thinks, and she hopes he can hear her.

When they land, the sun is barely still above the skyline. Alora is the last off the ship as Bo-Katan leads, saying, "We'll continue on foot from here. Any closer, and it will hear the ship."