.121

 On the trip outside the domed city, Alora lets Grogu play in her lap, his hands moving as he laughs to himself. He climbs over her shoulders and into her hood, and he never sits still.

"Now approaching Landing Field 3."

Alora glances up to see the green fields stretching as far as the eye can see except for the city. A tree line catches her eye surrounding the Mandalorian fleet. It's a peaceful place. Not one for battle.

"They're Mandalorians," Din states. "You're their leader. They're going to follow you."

Alora turns her gaze back to the people she travels with. It is always difficult to read Din because of his helmet, but Alora finds herself wishing she could see into Bo-Katan's thoughts. The woman just shakes her head and replies, "I'm not their leader anymore. Axe Woves is."

Alora shifts in her seat. "Then what's your play?"

Bo-Katan just stares forward. "I'll know when I get there."

As they come to a stop and walk across the green plain toward the cluster of ships, Alora almost misses the static and emptiness that used to occupy her mind. Now, it is full of what-ifs. What if the Mandalorian mercenaries decline their mission? What if Mandalore truly is cursed and kills them all? What if she decides to never find out more, never pursue her past? What if Luke was right to not tell her? What if it was for the best?

She feels Grogu's clawed hand reach out to touch hers, his bassinet floating beside her. Smiling down at him as if to reassure him, Alora tries her best to clear her mind, to only think of her breathing and the way she can feel her ribs aching with each push and pull from her lungs and diaphragm. She even tries closing her eyes and simply listening to the crunch of soil and grass beneath her feet.

"Come."

Alora pauses, letting Din and Bo-Katan gain ground.

"Come to Coruscant."

Spinning around, Alora finds nothing but the abandoned pod that brought them there in the distance. Not even the trees are close enough for her to make out any details, let alone hear someone speaking.

"Learn your past. Only then can you understand."

Grogu cries out loudly enough that Alora tears her gaze from the horizon. He stares up at her with wide eyes, his hands reaching up to her. Kneeling beside his bassinet, Alora takes a slow, deep breath and says, "Thanks, kiddo. Don't know what's going on with me."

Grogu reaches out, his clawed hand resting on her chest. But he does not just reach for her robe—his palm rests just above the hidden pocket, just above the chain of charms she has pressed to her heart.