.117

Warning: spicy implications

 The plan was easy to craft with Bo-Katan. Both have far too much practice in taking down tyrants, and their minds together form a plan that covers all their bases. Din may not like Alora's role, but it will have to do.

Everyone left the covert at dawn the following day. On their trip to Nevarro, Bo-Katan reiterated the plan, but Alora knows it too well. She knows what her role is, and she is itching to let loose.

"Are you going to be ok?" Din asks as they drop from hyperspace and begin their descent. "You could get seriously injured."

"I won't."

"Alora," he reaches over and places his hand on top of hers. "You don't have to do this. You can stay here and help me with the ship."

"Then I'd be useless," she replies without looking at him. Instead, she busies herself with preparations, securing her weapons and her cloak in the cramped space. She takes a look a the scanners to orient herself before looking out to see if she can catch a glimpse of the so-called Pirate King's ship. "I can do more."

"You have done a lot for this covert."

"I won't ask them to sacrifice themselves for me."

"I asked. Not you."

Pursing her lips, she sighs. "We're covering our bases, Din. They won't know what hit them. Trust me, and I'll be fine."

"You know I trust you—"

"Then stop." Now, she turns to him, tilting her head to the side. "I'm doing this, and Nevarro will be free by dusk. The question is are you going to be fine?"

She can imagine him biting his lip or clenching his jaw. "Yeah, I've got a great ship," he replies softly. "Just watch your back. And be safe. You're going in alone."

"That's my specialty." Climbing in the back, she takes a deep breath and squeezes herself into the droid port with the oxygen mask over her face. She barely peaks out of the ship to see them approaching the mothership, so she curls up and waits.

And waits.

And waits.

She feels the ship fire just as the ground beneath her retracts. Alora falls through the air for only a second or two before she collides atop the Pirate King's ship. Though she can already feel the bruises, Alora quickly takes out her yellow saber and carves a hole large enough to squeeze through.

The pirates are surprised to see her when she steps into one of the common areas. "Hello there," she says before a wicked grin spreads across her face. Both lightsabers glow at her sides—one yellow and one purple—as she pounces.

The pirates don't stand a chance, especially without any weaponry. She takes them by surprise and does not give them time to sound an alarm. Even as she walks out of that room and through the halls, no one even has a chance to draw their blaster. Alora is already cutting them down with a swipe of her lightsaber. It's like her body is urging her forward, her mind whispering at her to continue the slaughter.