After effects

After Armageddon first appearance and the pain he had caused along with those who followed him, the humans began to hate dragons and soon many of them were hunted down and killed, during this time many of the dragons that were killed we're mostly female since they were easier to hunt and kill, because of this many of the dragons began to breed with their siblings in a desperate attempt to keep their species alive and others would breed with other species such as golden beings but after Armageddon killed them the remaining dragons we're forced to breed with other species.

After  years of inbreeding and interspecies breeding many children that were born often didn't resemble their parents and looked very different from each other, many of the female dragons would produce offspring that were different elements and some would be born with or without horns, wings, and scales, over time the dragons we're born without tails and soon none of the new generation had tails. 

In some cases the dragons that were born in eggs would take years to be born and some wouldn't hatch at all, this was do to some hybrids being to fragile and too weak to escape the strong shells of the eggs and some developed slowly or too fast, however this problem was more common if the mother was a dragon and the father was a different species since purebred females had eggs which were too tough for the offspring to break out of and hybrids had live young which was safer for the children.

In time the dragons soon created a tradition where two dragons would become mates and would be bound together for 500 years and after all their offspring are capable of living on their own the pair could either separate and find new mates or stay together and have more children, the longest time a pair has stayed together is 1000 years, this resulted in less hybrids and helped the dragons continue however because of their was still very few females they continued inbreeding.