Back to Work

Nell's POV:

"I can't believe you didn't tell me!" Eric shouted at me from across ops.

"We were having a moment, Eric, I didn't wanna spoil it!"

"So you think it's okay for you to just keep this case quiet!? We are all in danger here!"

"No Eric, I-" before I could finish, Eric cut me off. I huffed and rolled my eyes, becoming merely frustrated.

"Kessler is out, again, for the third time, and now he's after us, each individually!"

"Don't you think I know that!?"

"Fine. You know what, you can have your damn case!" Eric shouted, throwing his tablet on the table in front of me and storming out of ops. I looked down and tried to hold my tears in. It was Eric's first day back and Hetty had briefed him, as she insisted she'd brief him and not me, as she believed it was better heard from her. As much as I loved my boss, sometimes Henrietta Lange can be a tight ass and cause trouble. I think it would have been better if I'd explained it to Eric, so there wasn't this whole argument between us. We were getting married in a few weeks time, and I didn't want anything to stop that.

I held my breath and let it out slowly. Just as I sat at my desk, Hetty walked in. Oh the joys.

"Miss Jones, sit rep please?"

I turned and wiped my eyes, stuttering slightly. "Oh, uhh- yeah- uhh Kensi and Deeks are at a safe house currently, Sam and Callen are at the scene of the break in and Rountree and Fatima are at Kessler's last known location"

"And Eric?" She asked, sitting on Eric's chair beside me.

"He went somewhere" I began.

"Hmm." She nodded, thinking, "Is that so..."

"Hetty," I hesitated, "Why... Why did you insist that you briefed Eric? I could have handled it"

"Nell Jones," she began, placing her hands on mine, and sitting on Eric's chair, "Sometimes, the worst news isn't to come from someone who knows that person the best, but a friend, a colleague, or a boss, followed by the reassurance of a loved one." I gave a small smile, while looking down at my hands. Hetty continued, "Now if there's one thing a man can't resist, is a woman's kiss".

"Oh, I'll be sure to give him something he won't resist," I winked at Hetty, as she looked confused and concerned, and began to stand up and walk away. I turned back to my desk, and worked on the case, making sure to have the guy's backs in the field.

Eric's POV:

I stormed out of ops downstairs, making my way to the burn room to burn some old files and to burn off some steam.

"Why would she not tell me this, I thought we could tell each other everything" I muttered to myself, while throwing the papers in the chamber. "How can I say, 'I do' if the Nell Jones, that I know and love the most more than anyone else, won't even trust me?"

Just as I finished burning the files, I hear a small knock on the door, it was Nell.

"Heyyyy" she began, forcing a smile but I turned away and threw the cases in the chamber and ignored her. But I noticed she'd taken her blazer off and switched into some heels.

"You know Eric," she said, slowly walking closer to me, smirking with her hands on her hips. "You can't stay mad at me forever, right?"

"What's this...." I started, turning around and closing the chamber, as Nell closed the door and came inches away from me.