Settling In

Eric's POV:

I woke up to the sound of the water running in the bathroom, the first day back home. Just a week before Kam's 10th Birthday. I turned over to see the clock, it was 8:30am, I put my glasses on and got up out of bed, and knocked on the bathroom door.

"Nell? Baby you good?" I asked, listening to the sound of sick being blasted into the toilet. I didn't get a reply, I tried to open the door but it was locked. "Could you open the door? Wifey!?"

Nell unlocked the door, and looked at me with tears in her eyes, a towel wiping her mouth.

"Oh, Nell...." I said softly, pulling Nell in a hug. Before I could put my arms around her, she ran back to the toilet and vomited. I held her hair back away from her, and sat down on the mat.

"I think I ate something... bad" Nell said, sitting up again wiping her mouth. I kissed her forehead and got her a glass of water as she stood up, almost stumbling.

"Here, sip this, let's get you back to bed," I said, helping Nell walk slowly back into the bedroom as she sipped the water. I tucked her back in, keeping her warm with a blanket and I tied her hair up, putting a sick bowl by the bedside table. "I'll go make breakfast, you stay here and get some sleep" I said, grabbing some clothes and changing before going into the kitchen.

For breakfast, I decided to make bagels with cream cheese, and I made myself an iced coffee with oat milk. I went back into the bedroom to try to get Nell to eat something.

"Onunoctiummmmm!" I began to sing. "I made you, you, you, a bagel bagel bagel, and I'm here t-" I stopped as I opened the door to see Nell snoring away. "...To make sure you're okay" I whispered. I closed the door behind me as I went into the living room, and sat down and watched TV.

Nell's POV:

I woke up to hear screaming and shouting in the living room, I got up out of bed rubbing my eyes. I instantly went into panic mode, grabbed my gun from my drawer, and slowly walked in the living room.

"No! Stop! Don't do it!" I heard Eric shouted. My heart was pounding out my chest. I turned the corner opening the door to the living room. "I swear down, you come any closer, I'll shoot you!"

That's it, I had to save my husband.

"FEDERAL AGENT!" I screamed, pointing my gun in Eric's direction. He jumped out the chair and threw his controller and headphones on the floor.

"NELL! SHIT NELL!" He shouted, I lowered my gun and put my hand on my forehead, sighing.

"Oh my god Eric, I thought someone was in here!"

"I was playing Call of Duty!" He laughed, picking up the controller off the floor.

"A little warning next time, I'm going to get changed" I said, my gun sat firmly in my fist as I slowly walked back in the bedroom, Eric continued to play his game. 

I entered the bedroom, sitting on my bed and rubbing my eyes, sighing and rubbing my head. I stood up and walked into my walk-in-wardrobe, where I started rummaging through my box of underwear. I pulled out a red lingerie outfit, along with a black satin robe, and took off my pjs as and slipped them on. I headed into the bathroom to hear Eric still shouting at his mates on the PlayStation, and I put on some red lipstick and curled my hair, light mascara and foundation. I walked out of the bedroom, into the living room, putting my arm up on the door frame. At first Eric didn't notice me, so I undid my robe and walked closer to him, my hands on my hips. I turned off the PlayStation, and Eric threw his arms in the air annoyed, but I sat on his lap and grinded.