Being here

CREDITS GOES TO _Kaname_for the amazing book cover she had helped me make!! Honestly, I have a lot to choose from but I'm grateful she was there to help

Have you ever slept on hard rock and wished it was your bed?

In this case, Linda wished it was. She remembered her home where she lived with her family. Her bed was just like rocks. It was hard to sleep on but where she slept last night was worse than a rock. She couldn't sleep thinking of her family especially her mother, Beth. She cared most for her mother than any family member she had. They were both close like twins sisters.

Even in the hardest time, her mother was only the one to comfort her. Her father and she were not on good terms. Likewise, she, her brother, Elijah and her father worked both hands to hands. She stretched tiredly and then the sound of bones cracking in her body. She winced from the pain as it shook all over her body. She didn't close her eyes that night.

The feeling of something watching consumed her mind. Hiding in the thin fabric she used as a blanket, she hid and now she was woken up by Richard. "Get up!" He slapped her at her back earning a whimper from her. She stood on her bare feet and rose with the aid of the wall. "Pathetic."

Murmured Richard. "Let's move. You're the first person here to wake up this late you old fool." He cursed at her making her flinch at the harsh word. She had never been called such a name before by anyone except her father who maltreated her and called her names. Thinking about those bad memories made her body almost limp.

She continued, following Richard behind him as he led her to where she was expected to start working. She looked ragged and felt dirty but she wasn't in the position to ask for a bath. She doubted if the slaves bathed. They all looked worse than her. "You're gonna start with helping with picking up all this "

Richard pointed to some weeds and rocks. "....put them in the wheelbarrow and pass it unto John." He ordered pointing to a male that stood at the corner. He looked tired and skinny. His bones were well shown along with his veins. She gulped softly and nodded. In some drastic hours, her life had changed to becoming a death marker's slave.

She wondered where the real Mr. Andrew was as she had seen him before in a winter ball party a few years ago. She thought otherwise if the man she saw at the winter ball party was Mr. Andrew or the same death marker who had the black eyes. A harsh glare from Richard brought her back to the bitter reality.

Her soft hands that were made for kneading soft loaves of bread and making biscuits were going to get rough, she thought to herself trying to hold in the tears that had surfaced in her eyes. She started with picking up the green dirty weeds and filling them in the wheelbarrow. She passed it to the skinny John who looked like he was going to pass out anytime soon.

He looked skinned out of food and water. His mouth was always opened hoping for a drop of water to be passed into his mouth to quench his thirst. Linda's heart hurt at seeing the sight. She wished she could help the man but Richard, who had his eyes pinned to her every single second, she wouldn't even dare help.

Done picking the weeds, she started picking the strong and heavy rocks. Her body almost fell weak due to the amount of heavy power it held. It was way too heavy for her to carry. If she dared touch or tried carrying another one, she would die. She glanced at Richard who was talking to a female.

Her eyes were starting to be watery and her limbs were so fragile. She was a female and a female isn't made to be doing strenuous jobs. She couldn't understand why Richard would give her such a job like this. All-female slaves were only picking weeds and watering the flowers. Hearing a small chuckle behind her, she spun around to meet eyes with the black soul.

One of the death markers claimed to be Mr.Andrew. She dropped the stones on the ground and pushed the wheelbarrow to John who was panting for breath now."Good job, Linda." Andrew praised her. She also noticed the way he addresses himself as 'Andrew' and not 'Mr. Andrew'.

"I see you're doing such a good job lately. Who knows, you may get to take a 3-minute break today." He smiled showing his brown and stinky teeth. She squeezed her face together with her little nose scrunched. Andrew's smile faltered on seeing her facial expression. He chuckled in his mind before going back to his usual face.

His black eyes looked like an endless hole. She couldn't even look at him in the eyes. He knew what he was doing and he liked the game he was winning."Richard?" He called his secondhand man who smirked when he reached his front. "Bring her to my room after she's done with the job."

On hearing this, Linda almost jumped out of her skin. Her heart was racing and her eyes were narrowed at the death marker who kept looking at her with his eyes that no one could tell how he was able to see from the black hole. All death markers had a specific feature of identifying each other. They had black eyes and their usual form, their eyes turn grey in colour.

They are allergic to green lights and most often had a small drawing of what species they were. They all had a specific purpose. To kill, live or die. Most of them belonged to the category of life and kill. Most rare ones die faster. Plus, they had a long life span of 70,000 years. "We are going on an interview session together."

He grinned before going back to where he came through. The death markers are also welcomed to stay in hell and go out of it. They were created by the devil himself. Although, no one knew who the devil was. A long story that had no end.

Andrew being gone, she turned back to continue her work but Richard slapped her hands away. He glared at her before pushing her with her hair. Her whimpers filled the room of silence as they began walking to Andrew's chamber that was upstairs on the top of the slave's chamber. He had built it there for a reason and without a doubt, it was for Linda.

"P-please." Linda whimpered loudly trying to get out of the hold of the death marker. His grip was 10x stronger than a giant that it could snap a human's bone-in piece if you ever got in his grip.

"Can you stop with that noise you low life?" Richard barked pulling her hair harshly before releasing her. She fell to the ground holding onto her hair in pain with tears rolling down her rough cheeks. Her scalp her mother once massaged ached and she wished her mother was here to massage her scalp once more to make the pain lessen.

"If you don't want to be dragged, then walk faster and hurry up as you are with it. I don't like being kept waiting." He ordered.

She managed to stand up, still holding on to her head. She walked slowly trying to keep up with Richard's fast pace. Her body was starting to become weak and she could faint at any second, she thought.

As they walked, she could feel a headache coming. It was bound to happen anyway since she hadn't had food in a week and her body was weak.

"Come in." A chuckled followed as the two walked into Andrew's chamber.

A/n's

𝐏𝐥𝐬, 𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨 𝐛𝐨𝐱. 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠:)𝐏𝐥𝐬 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭!𝐋𝐮𝐯 𝐮𝐃𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫?! 𝐀𝐧𝐲 𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐚?