A lot to take in

Linda's nerves become more and more precarious as she walked further into the dining room. She could hear her heart drumming in her rib cage with anxiousness.

"What a damsel." One of the men trilled, biting his lips. She peeped at him, her cheeks becoming redder and redder at every stare she got. She was feeling weary.

She finally took a seat opposite Synn whose fists were closed firm. He couldn't bear to watch men flirt with his bride but he made sure he didn't show it.

Soon enough, foods were laid on the table as they were blessed with pure wine. Linda had never taken wine before and when she tasted it, she was sure she had fallen in love.

She was served with chicken breast, garlic and rice. She turned back to look at Synn who was eating fraternally. Although, he didn't have the same thing she ate which piped her curiosity. His wine didn't look like hers. It was thick and looked bloody, the same goes for the others.

His meal wasn't rice and garlic chicken. Her eyes opened widely as she stared in disbelief to see raw meat presented on the table.

She decided she wasn't going to ask. She squinted her eyes as she secretly watched the other men ate in silence. It bothered her that she was the only female on the table, being the only human. She didn't know any of the men around her as she wondered who they were.

Surprisingly, they were all attractive and handsome. Their hair was of different colours; blue, brown, green, etc. They had probably dyed it making it look spiky.

She wanted to know each and every one of them but she didn't have the gut to ask. Her eyes focused more on the meal she was given to than the handsome and intimidating men around her plus Synn.

If it's one thing Synn now liked, it was listening to the heartbeat of Linda. It was music to his ears. Its rhyme was fast and soft. He wondered what she always thought of and if she ever thought of him.

When they well all done with their meal, the chef was called to clear the table. Linda wiped her lips with the napkin that was placed next to her on the table. Synn noted this and silently nodded, impressed.

He cleared his throat and spoke. "I hope you enjoyed the meal that was given to you because this will be the last time you'll ever eat here." His voice echoed throughout the whole room.

One of the men groaned, running his hands through his brown hair. "My wife can't cook well and you know that." He grumbled.

Linda noiselessly gasped when she heard him talk about his wife. She couldn't believe he was married when he looked so young.

"How's that of my concern? I've been nice enough to let you stay here and eat in my house but not anymore." Synn continued glaring at the brown-haired that spoke.

They were exactly seven men on the table each being with different hair colours. When Linda thought about it, she imagined them as rainbows.

"Why?" The red-haired asked irritatedly. His eyes were dull and looked almost lifeless. "Is it because of her?" He pointed his index finger towards Linda surprising her.

She only wanted to watch and listen to their conversion but not be the centre of it. Her fingers began drumming on her laps nervously.

Synn looked back at Linda who looked down at her lap. He sensed she was uncomfortable and told. "Go to your room." He commanded.

She looked up at him and nodded. With a small excuse me, she climbed up to her room and closed it with a sigh.

Synn tuned towards the red-haired and answered. "Part of the reason is because of her but mainly the reason is that you are all nuisance to my life." He replied.

"Oh come on! I know that's not true." The brown-haired spoke up. "You love us here and we know it. Generally, the main reason is because of that hot chick." He prattled.

With ferocity, Synn stood up with his coat hanging loosely on his shoulders.

"I think you're forgetting who you are talking to. You have no right to come to my chamber and talk to me like your wife. It's better you all leave and never come back because you won't be needed here anymore."

It all suddenly dawned to them all when he spoke. He was giving them all a ban and they couldn't believe the statement he just made.

With heads lowered and lips shushed, they all took turns as they left the mansion and back to their homes saddened.

That was it. Whenever the devil made a rule, it was final and whosoever had a problem with it was asking for a death sentence.

Upstairs laid Linda on her bed with her head dampened. She had the covers up to her chest as she looked outside of her window.

Arbitrary thoughts came to her mind on how her life is and how it's become. It was starting to get unendurable. She didn't see Uria when she had come which meant she had gone back to earth leaving her in hell.

What a twist of fate.

A knock obstructed her thinking as she slowly got up from bed and slid on her sandals. She walked up to the door and unlocked it carefully.

"Ma'am?" It was the same woman who had directed her to her room. "Master seeks for you." She bowed and left leaving the perplexed Linda.

She didn't even wait to give her instruction on where she was to go see him. With shaky feet, she began her way to the black door where she remembered where it was correct.

She knocked gently on it and with a creak, it opened widely.

"How are you feeling?"

When she turned to look at him, he was already facing her, his proximity very close and was getting uncomfortable.

"F-fine." She stammered in response trying to tell him or give a hint she was uncomfortable. Yet he knew but didn't say a word to it.

He gave her a little space to be comfortable with. Her body warmth confronted him as he finds himself liking it every second.

"Y-you as-sked for me?" She questioned shyly spinning her fingers with the other. He looked down at her, a smile tugging on his bottom lips.

"Yes," He replied. A crease was formed at his forehead as he spoke. "I want to know what happened to you on the 13th of August."

Mhmm...

Things have started to spike up between those two and I'm loving every single one of them. I'm hopelessly falling in love!!

So... I want to let you know that I'm going to start leaving you guys on cliffhangers and all those goodies! I love to keep my readers in suspense.

So...what do you think happened on the 13th of August?

Sorry if I'm just bringing this up a bit late that I'm slowly starting to introduce her past and unrevealing some things about Linda. I want to let you guys know how she is and what had happened in her past before she came to live with Andrew 🤔💭

So comment on what you thought happened on that specific date and see if your idea is close to it.

Also, DO GUYS LOVE HOW SYNN IS?

I mean his gentle way and not a that rude devil-like way of speaking to people. I know I know. But don't judge a book by its cover. A devil doesn't have to be the bad guy but that doesn't mean he doesn't have the qualities of a devil. Just keep reading and dig deeper into him. You'll enjoy the ride so come one!!

Also, don't complain much about his really close and uncomfortable way of getting touchy with Linda cos you're gonna love it pretty soon.
🥞✌🏼❤️❣️