Lukewarm

Linda mourned with pain as she took in the sight of the people who were being severely killed and pushed into the sweat of flames. She had just seen with her naked eyes, for the first time in her life, a 10 inches spear being dived into a woman's body for eight-minute until death.

She pleaded with Synn to get her away from there but he just kept mute and looked at his artwork. He liked the hostile scream of the sinners and the pleasure he gained from seeing their death.

After a while, he looked down at Linda who was crying quietly in anguish and anxiousness. She was tired and needed rest after taking in the sight of death. She just hoped and wished she never came back to such a place called Lukewarm.

He dryly asked. "Are you tired?" He inquired. She didn't even answer but stormed off into the mansion not giving sight back at Synn who followed behind. She was angry at him for ignoring her and taking her to such a place after breakfast.

She had learned that all that went through for 24 hours. She hated hell more after seeing the scene. She felt pity for the woman that had bled to death from the spear. She looked tired even.

"You're not going back into that room."

His voice stopped her from taking another step on the stairs. She whiffed with irritation, her feet hurting. She turned back and stormed in front of the man who was mated to her.

"W-why?" She inquired, her eyes darting to his for the first time. She took in his eyes colour seemed to appear red in colour with a mix of black. It sends chills down her spinal cord.

"Because I said so." He simply replied. He liked her childish side and he hoped she was like this with him more often. This was the first time she was opening up.

"Well," she started, jittering. "I can go to my room anytime I want because you made me stand in front of that fire and watch people burn. It's painful to watch and withstand. Don't you feel remorse for them at all? I get that you're the devil and all but that woman, you didn't even do anything when she was begging for mercy. You let her die and you watched me see all that when I begged you to let me go. You-"

As overawing as he could be at that moment (and every moment), he took a very close step towards her and urged her to continue her statement. "I what?" He asked a perfect brow raised.

Heat flew up to her neck and cheeks. She took a step backwards hoping for a distance. He slowly licked his fangs, peering down at the now quiet girl.

"Can't talk now? It seems you were all brave a moment ago?" He asked mockingly.

More heat rushed to her cheeks as she looked down at her feet, ashamed. She fiddled with her fingers and whispered. "I'm just hungry." She admitted.

A loud laugh flew his lips and this amazed her. Not the laugh but the fact she liked his laugh. It was sleek and silky to hear and mostly deep.

"But you said you were fed an hour ago?" He inquired tucking his hands into the pocket of his coat.

She puffed her cheeks dramatically. "Well, I lied. What do you expect me to say when I saw all that mushy cupcakes?" She said looking down at her feet. It was only then she realized the height difference and sighed.

"Why are you tall?" She blurted before she could even realize it.

Synn took note of her bluntness whenever she was hungry and tired and he liked it.

"I don't know." He replied, his eyes flickering with admiration for Linda. She made him feel things he didn't know of.

She placed her hands on her hips and stared up at him. "You don't know?" She asked with her own eyebrow raised.

He nodded causing her to giggle before smiling. "That's weird. You also don't know why you're so fine?" Her cheeks warm up just by mentioning the truth.

Synn smirked down at her, amusement tingling in his voice. "I'm handsome?" He asked like it wasn't the most obvious thing.

She nodded. "Y-yes."

He licked his lips as he glares down at Linda who placed her hands on her hips. His eyes and body were filled with lust. His eyes landed on her full chest as it heaved.

"You can have cupcakes, doll." He said removing his eyes from her chest before anything happened. Linda's eyes lit up at the permission as she asked. "Sure?"

He nodded, looking pleased with the look on her face. She bounces off on her feet and walks to the dining table to get a cupcake that surprisingly was still there. There was so much to choose from that it made her chest hurt.

She grabbed a chocolate cupcake and ate, her eyes shimmering with happiness. Just then, her eyes happen to catch sight of the woman that had just walked in.

Her mouth almost dropped open at such a sight. She had never seen anyone so pretty like who she saw now. The black ponytail that was pinned on her head suited her sharp-jawed face.

It was Katrina.

"I thought you'd miss me so I came." The voice of Katrina rang in the room leaving nothing but authority. Her voice wasn't girly to be exact.

"I thought I'd warned you not to show your rotten face here again unless I gave you permission?" Synn shot with venom in his cold voice.

Linda just ate and watched in silence quite cowed by their presence. She was the only short and petite person in the room.

"More like my pretty face. We both know that." She told proudly. "Anyways," she turned her gaze to fix on Linda whose mouth was crumbled up with cupcake filling and icing. "Who's this thing?"

Now, this was the highest insult to Synn. Almost like a zephyr, Katrina had her neck pinned to the wall and was in the cold clutch of Synn who looked like he would do anything to snap her neck off.

His voice was full with void as he spoke, "Speak one more time, and you'll have your head on a golden platter." He warned, his eyes sparkling.

Linda looked in fright, trapped in trance. She had never seen Synn angry before. She whined when his cold voice spoke again.

"Get out in 3 seconds and never show your face here again. You're banned from coming here." He banned releasing the raging Katrina who had her eyes filled with rage as she set it on Linda. Still staring, she made her way out and back home.

"Who is she?" Linda asked, munching another cupcake. Synn's eyes snapped back to Linda who squirmed when she saw his heated gaze. She felt hot.

He ignored her and climbed upstairs, leaving Linda a little hurt. "Oh." She muttered quietly.

Never LEAVE A LINDA SAD WHEN SHE'S EATING CUPCAKES.

this I enjoyed writing and yeah, the watty award is so close!
🙌🏼🥰

Comment your fav Wattpad book