The Deal

She couldn't imagine what it was like being a death marker. She couldn't think about being one either. She questioned what made the devil create things like the death marker and for what reason. They were supposed to be in hell and not earth. She wondered what happened that made the devil give such authority to the death marker to live in hell and on earth.

"Sit," Andrew demanded watching the prey in front of him. With his hoary eyes, he looked striking like that of a human. He was tall, handsome with large and bold shoulders. In a matter of fact, a human would have fallen for him if he was in his human form. Unfortunately, his actions spoke louder than his character.

She yanked her torn gown to herself and gingerly sat on the rug. That was how cruel he was. He had many chairs and couches in his chambers but favoured her on the rug. She was starting to hate the death marker slowly and she knew he knew she hated him. If this was one of the death markers she knew, she wondered how their creator was like. Just as cruel as his piece.

"Do you know why you are here with me?" He asked her pulling one of his eyelashes. He was the eagle and she was the food. When he found out that he had a human coming to Mr. Andrew he had to kill him and go through his form. Death markers had to ability to manipulate people and change into people who they kill. It was one of their abilities.

Although they have a lot of abilities and one of them was their appearance. They were made ugly with black eyes and crotchety teeth but Andrew was somewhat different. He was made specially by the devil but that doesn't mean the devil didn't give him the ugly appearance. The difference between Andrew and other death markers was that Andrew had infinite abilities.

Linda shook her head in repugnance at just being with a death marker alone. She hates to admit it but having Richard in the same room too would be a comfort and a miracle. She looked to her left to see portraiture. It had a horn and two dark wings. A wing similar to an angel's own but the colour was a huge difference.

She snapped back to the tsking of the death marker, Andrew. His grey eyes watching the girl's response. He knew how to handle human-like her but she was different. In the past few years, he had lived on earth, he had met a lot of humans but she was nothing like them. She was different. Different than a human.

"Your eyes should be on me, doll." He smiled and for the first time, she confessed to herself that a death marker in a human's form looked lovely.

"I barely hear your voice that you're starting to make me think you're dumb," Andrew commented. She endured the urge to roll her eyes as she knew he was trying to bring in a conversation.

"I'm sorry." She said prudently choosing her words like stairs. If she wanted to be alive, she needed to be smart and try to get more often on Andrew's good side but she doubted it. Andrew was the kind of man to change quicker than you think.

"What are you apologizing for? For looking at the portrait or thinking bad about me?" He cunningly asked shocking her to her imagination. She broke eye contact with Andrew and tensely fiddled with her torn gown. He watched the little habit before smiling extensively. He knew exactly what he was doing. He was proposing her to his actions little by little.

"I'm going to let that fall but not next time." He raised his brow. "We're here to talk important business about you." He announced. She raised her head and stared at him as he spoke urging forth for him to proceed. Another thing about death markers is that they don't share their emotions often. Just anger, fear, and happiness.

"I made a deal with the devil." He started plucking one of his eyelashes in the process. She gasped immediately at what she heard and saw. She had never heard of the devil from anyone's mouth in a long time and it shocked her that the devil was alive. Of course, he had to be alive. She thought.

"What?" He asked a little irritation in his voice. She shook her head and urged for him to continue what he started.

"And the deal is you." He said again bringing a wave of fear to her. She was the deal to the devil? Why? How? She didn't understand properly and needed more light on the topic. She shifted uncomfortably on the rug, hungry and unfed. She was thirsty and hope he noticed this and give her food or at least something to drink.

"In the next 3 months, you're going to hell." And that's when he dropped the bomb. Linda froze on the rug like she was taken and tied in a freezer. She didn't move an inch. Knowing she was traumatized, Andrew stood up and walked in front of her and bent down to her eye level. Even on the rug, she looked so small.

"To stay with the devil, Satan." He kept bringing in more information like it was normal. Perhaps it was the reaction that was more fun to watch from the girl. He stood up from the rug, dusted his cloak and sat back on the chair. The awkward silence continued to ring until a small hiccup fled Linda's mouth followed by a small sob.

"Is that a sob I hear?" Andrew questioned mockingly like he didn't know it was a sob. She covered her mouth to stop the sobs and hiccups but it was impossible as her emotion were all over the place. What went wrong exactly? She asked herself. She knew she didn't deserve this and even after hearing the news, she can't bring herself to believe it.

"Why me?" She whimpered softly looking down at her bruised wrist of last night. Andrew coughed dramatically followed behind with a roll of the eyes. He hated when humans cried in front of him but when it came to Linda, he decided to allow it. He wasn't allowed to hurt her in any form of way.

"I would appreciate it if you ask permission before asking me a question. I don't answer human's questions either but if you want to know, the devil himself sent for you." He replied with a tsk. She took a peek from her lashes to look at Andrew only for her to see him looking lost in space.

"He chose you to be his bride, Linda."

A/n

𝘐 𝘴𝘰 𝘮𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘭𝘰𝘸 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺. 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵? 𝘋𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘓𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘢 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘦𝘱𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘰 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘭? 𝘚𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘢 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘣𝘰𝘹 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘰𝘸:)