Painting of an ocean

My hands prevailed flat on my side, my eyebrow rumpled up a bit at the white palette Abriana held in her hands. In front of us were an easel and a paintbrush along with some painter's tools.

I was befuddled with what we were going to do with pieces of stuff like these not fully understanding what the tenacity was but I don't question and just wait impassively, waiting for her to do something about it.

I see her open a bottle full of acrylic paint, slowly emptying each of them in the holes of the palette that was suddenly and increasingly filled with different colours. Her hands lean forward reaching for a substitute bottle and a cup. She opens the blue plastic bottle, pouring water into the pliable cup.

I stood next to her side, crouched on my knees as I watch her pour the clean clear water into the cup. She takes the soft quill of the brush and dips it into the cup full of water, the brush later coming out wet.

The different colours were on the palette. When I see her stand up, I get off my knees doing the same thing with her. 

My eyes profoundly watched as she brings the acrylic paper that looked somewhat thick, having an adherent surface and a fine white texture and attached it to the easel, coming out structured and well fixed.

After the cursory silence, she turns to me with a small smile that grazed on her features. "And now we paint." She says after a long quietude.

I lift my gaze from her going around to look at the arrangement of the colours and art supplies. I was quite confused about what she said earlier about painting but I didn't know-how. She made mention of we meaning it was both of us.

"I don't know how to paint," I say simply turning my gaze to her. She smiles more, going over to where the buoyant easel was.

"I don't expect you to know but we are doing it anyways. We're going to paint an ocean and name it out project."  She explains taking out two brushes on the small stool. We stood outside under the small roof of the maintenance house. It wasn't a bad day to paint or do an outdoor activity.

I see her glide over to the other easel and fixing an acrylic paper on the easel presumably it was for me. She takes one of the brushes and hands it to me, hauling me in front of the white paper.

I stand there looking disoriented as ever. I knew for a fact that being my first time painting, she was going to give me guidance but I couldn't help but feel insignificantly nervous. I didn't want to ruin things for her and myself.

"So I'm just going to sketch an ocean for you." She says absent mindlessly. She takes out a green pencil, coming in front of my canvas.

The tip of the pencil touches the bland surface of the paper, her hands suddenly working wonders. Abriana skillfully takes the pencil and divides the canvas into three portions horizontally and then into three portions vertically.

"This helps keep the proportions realistic." She says, her eyebrows squeezed in absorption. I stood by her side, my eyes and mind focused on the process in front of me. As she went on, I noticed the lines weren't thick so I decided to ask.

"Why are the lines thin?" I say drifting my focus on her a bit before going back to the sketching.

"It makes it easier to erase if I ever make mistakes so the latter of the erased lines isn't visible." She tells.

After she was done, she brings the palate of colours close to my stool of mine. I also recognized the colours she chose which was consisting of blue, purple, green, and white. 

"I'm going to go do mine then we'll start together."

She walks back to her canvas, taking the green pencil along with her. She does the same thing with her smooth plain paper, dividing the paper into three portions horizontally and vertically.