Blood and Lime

Linda

I would say this over and over again if you ever asked me what my reaction was to hear such a voice. My answers would also be the same over and over again that I was petrified and disgusted.

Synn had made it clear that in fact, he didn't feel any remorse after what he did to me last night. He was standing up to his words, showing me that he didn't care how I felt about his actions towards me.

Here I was, a place I was starting to wish I could escape and run from. A place I felt stifled down to my throat. After watching the men leave, Synn had asked me where I was and why I left. And for a fact that he knew where I was, was insincere. I knew he only just wanted to talk to me which I didn't like or want.

I wasn't going to listen to his talk anymore so after he had finish asking, I simply took my leave up the stairs, feeling every power drained out of me.

I close the door behind me, my eyes taking in the room that smelt like combusted paper and lime. I scrunch my nose in disgust, feeling the strong smell subjugate me. I didn't like it one bit which got me thinking about what would have caused the smell of burnt paper. But it was obvious that papers were burnt here.

I drag my feet on the floor to where I locate the closet. I was ready to get into comfortable clothe and away from the stinky fabric that was soaked in exudation. I fish out a tank top and brown stretchy leggings to fit. Closing back the wardrobe, I trek into the eminent bathroom.

The oozing smell of lime filled the air immediately after I got into the bathroom. Synn must have done something here but what could he have done? Bringing in lime into the bathroom was something I never imagined he would do and why he would do such. The place was oozing, causing my tummy to roll with disgust. I wanted to puke just at the smell. It was lime mixed with something I couldn't just place my fingers on.

I manage to drop my clothes on the closed toilet lid. I walk up to the mirror and brush my hair up into a slovenly bun, taking clips to hold it in. My hair was getting oily at the root and I could already detect dandruff also. I proceed to brush my teeth making sure to get rid of the sour taste of pizza crumbs around my gums. I rinse after with Synn's mouthwash, the green liquid purifying my mouth. I try my best as possible not to perceive the foul smell but it was getting worse as I stayed longer. Only this time, the smell had quickly changed into something else. It wasn't the smell of lime anymore but more like something rotten.

I pinch the bridge of my nose shut, breathing through my mouth for a second. What exactly was this smell? 

I remove my fingers from my nose, deciding to talk to Anna about it later onwards. Maybe it was the bin.

I turn around to catch the small yellow bin at the corner, the lid opened enough so I could see what it was inside. To my surprise, it was empty with no trash inside. Now, this gets my attention. I wondered if this smell was only caught up in only my room and bathroom or maybe everyone downstairs could perceive the stench odour.

"What the fuck is this shit?" The bathroom door was suddenly let open as a pissed and disgusted Synn enters through. His nose was lifted up, his face plastered with disgust and worry.

I was anxious for a second. He didn't have to just enter through the door like that knowing I was in. My thoughts were suddenly distracted by the occurrence of Synn seeing my naked body.

I could not explain to him anything I didn't know plus I didn't want to talk to him because I was deeply hurt. He knew this but his ego was too high to feel any pity or regret. Again, Synn's ways were not pure. He was simply a psycho.

"Did y-"

"No," I said sharply cutting him off before he said something I didn't want to hear.

He enters the bathroom and scans the small room, the bad odour crowding the air. His red eyes scan the room, landing on my cloth that was on the toilet seat. He furrows his eyebrow at the toilet lid, walking over to open the ceramic lid. His fingers grip the white lid, detaching it from the surface.

And what I see inside almost made me scream.

Inside the WC toilet was red thick-blood smeared all over. I close my mouth seeing such taboo. It's like someone bled in here.

"Someone came in here." His voice was as cold, emotionless. I hold on to my chest, taking in a harsh deep breath to keep myself stable. I didn't know if I should faint or just stay calm. My breathing didn't get better as I find myself running out of breath, my blood running cold.

The sudden harsh stare of Synn's brought me back into his presence. He grips me by my waist so he draws me forward. I think he noticed my discomfort and now, this.

I flinch in his hold, his eyes running all over my face.  I watch him as he brings his thumb to rub my forehead, his grip on my waist dwindled.

"Calm down and take deep breaths." He orders. I follow through with his instructions finding his help needful. I take in a lot of air as I push it down my lungs. My nose was blazing, my eyes closed. My eyes slowly flutter open as I meet his gaze.

But the first thing I felt was a hand at the back of my neck drawing circles in motion. I felt this relaxing as my body gradually starts giving in. My cheeks were flushed from stress, my breath was that of mouthwash from my exhale.

"T-thank you." I find myself saying. I look down at our position finding it awkward at this point. I push myself away from his hold glad he didn't argue about it.

"You'll bath in the guest's room while I get this matter solved." He gives his order. I nod in agreement and quickly jerk my clothes from his hands that he happened to be holding. I flee out of the bathroom and out the room, my mind perplexed.

Whose blood was that?