Sensitive

I was interrupted with the shrill and angry voice from non-other than Synn himself. It was as early as eight o'clock in the morning and his voice already was making me wake up.

I was a little surprised that I would be able to go back to sleep after early this morning. I didn't think it would have been possible.

I rub my eyes with the back of my index finger, my eyes fixing on Synn's back form immediately. He was dressed in a black shirt, his sleeve rolled up to show the delicate swirl of black ink on his arm down to his knuckles. He was always beautiful in whatever he wore which wasn't fair for all other humans. Immortals were without a doubt made to be attractive and beautiful. But Synn's beauty was sin itself.

I see the innocent cellphone gripped tightly in his hard fist, pressed to his left ear. He was typing fast on his laptop while receiving a heated call. The way his inked fingers danced on the black keyboard was interesting and surreal to watch.

I immediately spring out of the bed with haste and dash into the bathroom. I had a feeling that today was going to be a great day. I press open the toothpaste from the cabinet, leaking out the green toothpaste on the bristle of my brush.

My eyes were glowing with an unnatural glow today. I looked like a happy girl coming back home from a wonderful holiday. Already done with brushing my teeth and gaggling with mouthwash, I stroll to the toilet to ease my bladder. I bend in a squat position positioning my lower back on top of the toilet. Peeling my pink lacy underwear, I place it around my knees and quickly do my thing before wearing back my underwear.

I quickly tie my hair into a bun and rush into the shower.

After scouring and towelling, I open the cabinet and fish out my brush and comb with some hair supplies. I quickly close the cabinet and proceeded to brush my hair while it was still wet.

I throw an open t-shirt on my body and a little short over my leg matching the outfit with green socks.

I bit my lips taking a glance at myself in full view. Not the best matching outfit but who cares?

Synn does.

I shake my head at my own senseless conjecture. He wouldn't even glance at me caring if what I wear was to his taste. I open the door to the bathroom, going outside into the room.

When I arrive, the stillness saturated the room. Synn was out. I quickly undo my hair from the quick bun I'd put it in when I was in the bathroom. I brush out my long hair, letting it fall to my back and onto my shoulders. I play a little with my baby curl by coating the edges with the black gel standing on the table. I'd seen Abriana do this to her hair before so I decided to try it with mine.

I take out a used toothbrush of mine. I throw open the lid of the black gel, dipping down the brush into the muddy gel. I scoop a bit on the quill of the brush. Brushing out the annoying curl that was rested gracefully on my edges, I take the brush filled with gel and create a small curve pattern to the back of my hair. This was harder than I thought but I try again by scooping a small amount of black gel on the brush and style it regressive. Smiling, I appreciate the small exquisite skill on my hair. The gel was washed well on my edges. The bright curve was neat on my head, with no baby curls falling on my face.

I quickly lock the gel bottle, positioning it back on the stand. Jogging down the stairs, I made my way to the kitchen.

"Good morning," I say catching the gaze of both Amelia and Anna in the kitchen. They swat their head to face me, a smile on their faces.

"Good morning. You look happy today." Amelia says turning to her side. I think my face was like an open book. People would know when I'm happy or not.

"Not after I woke up by noises." I roll my eyes sitting down on the small footstool. There was a small middle counter placed in the middle of the kitchen. The kitchen was big with coffee-coloured wooden cupboards surrounding the place. Once you enter the kitchen, there was always a calming and relaxing smell to it. It couldn't just be explained.

"Smooth," Anna smirks. She was one of those teasing people who finds pleasure in doing so. I take the warm cup to my lips, pressing it slightly to take down the hot cocoa beverage. I was served with garlic bread and hot tea. A warm combination for the cold.

"You know, I hate waking up to a bad morning." Anna starts cleaning the plain cover of the stand with a clean gray dishrag.

I smile. She was right because I was sure she wasn't the only one who had thought of the idea.  

"Oh don't say that! There is nothing like a bad morning." Amelia sush. I smile as I bit out of my garlic bread, the thick flour softening on my taste buds.

"I like your edges." Anna comments. I thank her, putting the empty cup and white saucer into the sink. I noticed the weather had changed a bit, growing cold.

I walk to the couch in the sitting room, folding my legs under my thigh. I was going to settle for a nice comedy movie and maybe try to make my morning romantic.

I grab the black remote from the intermediate table and turn on the black screen. The black screen immediately lights up with bright colours, the movie starts.

My skin was exposed to the cool air around me as I flick through the channels searching for my taste in film. Once I arrive at the one that looks like my taste, I let it on.

"I noticed you're getting a little fatter." I hear Synn's voice rant from the stairs making me turn my head to stare at him. His hands were dug into his black pockets. I look down at my body, examining myself.

"I'm not fat, to begin with." I start by saying taking his words offensive. I wasn't even fat and even though I was, it wasn't a crime.

I see him bring his tongue out to wet his pink lips. "Sure." He smirks. I feel my cheeks hit up, turning my body back to face the screen. He liked teasing a lot which I never noticed. It only meant that behind that cold and vicious Synn was a Synn with humour.

He strolls into the sitting room and takes a seat next to me. His legs hit mine in purpose, his hands thrown to the back of the couch.

"Stop saying I'm fat!" I grumble under my breath. I see a furtive smile rise up to his face. "Because you are."

"I'm not."

"Are."

"Not."

"Are."

"Not."

"Are"

"Not"

"Thick thighs." He blurts out. I bit my cheeks in my mouth, feeling my face heat up. How I wish I knew he was going to say that. I still refused to believe his unreal lies. I only had toned chubby cheeks and thick thighs. My butt was...uh big and perky and I had a lot of flesh on my chest

"Got nothing to say, huh?" He taunts bringing his hands to trace his arm. I huff in defeat and went along with watching my previous show. However, when I still feel his eyes staring at me, I'd had enough.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" I question apprehensively. Was he judging me by looking?

"I have the right to." His voice comes out defying. I bit my lips, looking down immediately at my hands. I continue watching the movie play on the TV while Synn spends his morning gazing at me with a sly smirk.

At least we're having some positive interaction between the two. Sheesh!