Consumed mind

Use Bad Love by_ Niwel to read this chapter. It brings in the anime vibe. Music above!

The misty silence followed just as the words fled of Andrew's lips. It was something unimaginable yet true. Her sobs blandly fall down tranquilly leaving just the humming of Andrew's voice in the atmosphere.

"What are you?"

The question amplified through her lips producing a small shiver to erupt in her. Andrew knew the question was going to come out anyway and he didn't feel there was a compulsion to answer but he answered anyway.

"You guessed it already, I'm a Death Marker. A being created by the devil." Andrew enticed.

Linda sensed that Andrew must have been so close to the devil that made him know so much about humans and the plans the devil strategized. She scowled spontaneously when she discerned that he said something about her guessing.

"You read minds too?" She inquired.

He chortled with a hum as he looked at Linda whose face was withered of with her salty tears. He wanted to run his fingers and taste her tears but he restrained. He knew his limits.

"Fortunately, he gave me the ability to. But not all death markers are able to read minds." He answered studying the girl's body with his grizzled eyes.

Different

He mentioned.

She nodded nonchalantly reassembling all that he'd said into her mind. She had to be careful of things she thought.

"How many Death markers are out there?" She cleaned her tears from her cheeks with a small sniff. The interview was starting to become a little warm and she hoped it stayed that way until she leaves his room.

While, Andrew thoroughly listens to her heartbeat and the way she thought. He was meddling with her privacy but he didn't care about that. He wanted to do the things he fantasized about doing before time escapes from his grip. He needed to keep an eye on her. He slowly brought his hand down from his chin and examined her, looking for a reason to that question but got none.

Her heartbeat sounded calm to him and he could listen to it all day. "5 Million and more to come." He simply said now stroking his chin. "He never stops."

She then asks, "How did the Death Marker come into existence. Do you know any reason why the devil made them?"

"I'm not in the right state to tell you that, but if you want to know, let it be then." He replied. She was slowly glimpsing out from her quiet state and he favoured her like this. He had mindlessly used his mind to heal her wrists from the given time.

"The Devil who now lives in hell knew nothing about the ways of the earth. He was just a little boy who knew nothing about life but minds you, he was way too sinful than you think. He once lived in heaven but God, sent him to hell when he- can't tell you that pretty head-. At the age of 18, he was given the abilities from God to do whatever he wanted. Of course, God still loved him but paid no attention to him after the year of 18."

"Years later, he created the first creation which was me," Andrew said boastfully to which Linda rolled her eyes playfully. "Candidly, we were like best friends until 3000 years ago when hell was attacked by angels of Heaven. God never expected the devil to create a being like me. It wasn't allowed."

"Which abilities was the devil given to?"

"It was innumerable and perpetual. Every week, he produces more power and builds up more abilities and that makes him stronger."

"Why did God not allow the devil creates being. He was capable of using his abilities, wasn't it?" Andrew laughed a little with a self-satisfied grin.

"His abilities were not just abilities, anything he created or used his abilities for was greater than anything on earth. He was the strongest and God was afraid of that."

"After the creation of me, each month, he created more than a hundred of us and sent us to earth."

"Why?" She asked.

"Don't know." He gaped.

"But why were you given the features of-

"Ugliness?"

"Yes." She gulped. "That."

"You see, the devil is an ingenious and greedy man. He wanted everything his own way and he was also a sinful being. I feel I've told you too much." Andrew ceased the conversation not wanting to spill more than what she knew. She was smart in reasoning, he noted.

"Where's Mr. Andrew?" Linda asked looking lost in the fire burn. After hearing the erudition she's gotten, she didn't know what and how to feel. She was still perplexed though and had thousands of questions but she knew the best was to stay silent than asking.

"I killed him the day before you came." He said honestly without a lie in his tone. "And I don't regret a single thing." He completed.

She let out a gasp from her pink soft lips. "W-why?" She shook on her spot. "Did you know I was going to stay with him?" Her lips quivered, just by asking.

"Fun facts, I did. I knew your mother was sending you to Mr. Andrew and luckily, we have the same name." He chuckled. "But he's an exceptional now. No-one's gonna know I killed him and even though they know, they can't do anything about it." He let out a dark laugh, gazing at the ceiling above him.

"Get out." He spoke lowly.

Linda got up from her feet, walked up to his door, and closed it. The 'interview' looked short but it wasn't. It was noon already.

Her tummy grumbled as she walked back to her chamber, tired and thirsty. He hadn't given her food since she came. She hoped he had a lunchtime for all slaves/maids.

Laid on the hard surface of where she called bed, she closed her eyes. She was thankful Richard wasn't going to bother her for the next 30 minutes and no working. Although, she stank outrageously.

Hey, storynators!

If you liked this chapter, don't forget to drop a vote and a comment. It helps the writer a lot to show appreciation!!

Do you like Andrew?

Y'all need a word count?