Digestion

Were humans that easily tricked were they just average fools?

"I don't know what you're saying, ma'am. You're confusing me."

Breth turned around to meet with the eyes of one of the maidens. She wasn't in the best mood after she had come back from Hell. She could think back to when she had found out about Linda the cheap girl who now took the position she thought she deserved. She was full of wrath and anger.

"What's so hard in understanding?" Breth screeched. "You are all good for nothing and very high in being so dumb." She voiced out fiercely and swaggered away up to her room.

She tipped her head and gave a very big sigh. All she wanted was to be Synn's bride. She had a thing for him for a very long time now but she was too afraid to admit it. When she had heard about Synn's bride, her hope was all long gone after then. Although, she still hoped for another opportunity.

Synn had never really given an interest in her. He didn't see her as someone he could respect when unmistakably, he was her creator. He could never like someone so cheap as her.

She was a death marker and needed a mate but in her case, she needed Synn. She was so blinded by him she couldn't open her eyes to see the real truth that he wasn't for her. Everything about him yelled pure perfection and she needed him.

She took in another deep breath, her nerves pacifying. She had envisioned a life with him. However, she knew it wouldn't be that long but it was still worth it.

• • •

Back in hell, Linda is seen busy making designs and drawing with Uria. Well, she was technically just watching Uria make the decorations.

"And you put this sticker on here." Uria pointed to the book that had so many stickers on them already. "And you're done."

"What are we gonna use this book of stickers and drawing anyways?" Linda questioned holding up the book to her face. She adored the piece of art and glittering stickers that shun to her face.

"I don't know really." Uria buzzed. "But it was fun to do and maybe we could make more of them and hang them in your room." She busted.

Linda thought about this and smiled. "That's a great idea." She said picking up one of the stickers that had fallen on the floor and sticking them on her skin.

"I like this one better." She chirped. Uria giggled and placed one on her skin as well. "I prefer the fur stickers to the flower ones."

The two girls continued to draw and paste stickers until late at noon. Linda was trying really hard to keep her eyes open and the vigorous Uria who couldn't just stop talking about her escapades in hell and places to explore.

"Oops!" Uria exclaimed and gently patted Linda. "You're asleep already?" She asked.

"Huh?" Linda rubbed her eyes groggily and looked around. "Uria!" She whined. "We've been decorating for a long time now. Let's take a break and continue them later onwards." She insinuated.

Uria dropped the book of stickers on the floor and nodded. "You're right. I'm also tired." She agreed.

They got on the bed and drew the covers to themselves and soon the two best friends fell asleep soundly.

~

Synn laid on his back as he began thinking. He closed his eyes, still half-opened.

He was stupefied.

It's only been a day since his bride had arrived and he couldn't think straight anymore. He was gradually losing everything about him, most especially his mind.