Slightly

When Synn had left, Linda hurriedly ran upstairs to look for Silver. The foyer was so tranquil but if you listened carefully, there was harsh breathing coming from the guest room. She quickly runs into the guest room and sees Silver.

Silver had his knuckles badly broken, blood loitering down his hands. She gasps, her eyes opening wide in panic. She lets her eyes scan the room she had never been in before. It was comparable to theirs but slightly different. Next to the bedstand lay shattered glasses and frames. The window was opened letting air get through.

She pays her full attention to Silver. Hunching down to a groaning Silver, she accesses his condition. His hair was crumpled leaving his whole face looking unattractive. His lips were chafed, his eyes looked skinned from light and his body shook.

"W-what happened?" She asks him putting her hand on his shoulder. His wince made it known that he had a bruise there too. She takes her hand away, her emotions weary. She hates seeing Silver like this.

"Just leave Linda. I'll come downstairs in a while shortly." He tried to be gentle but his tone was only stern. She understood that he was in pain and the best thing was just to obey. She rolls back into a standing position and walks back downstairs questioning what happened.

Broken glasses. Bloody knuckles. Bloody fist. Bruises.

It didn't make sense to her. What really happened?

Reaching the bottom of the stairs, she sees Synn talking to three maids. They looked terrified, ducking their head down as they paid attention to him listening to his words.

She walks further into the room. She needed to talk to Synn badly even though it means being threatened. She heard the sound of broken glasses when Synn was upstairs which led to suspicious and now she was here seeking her answers to what happened. What happened to Silver and why he was badly hurt. She also wanted to know why she saw his bloody fist an hour ago.

Letting the maids go, he turns his whole body to face Linda knowing her presence when he felt her warmth. Linda gulps, looking at the devil in the eye. It was strange how he appeared so calm when his friend was upstairs bleeding.

"W-what happened t-to S-silver?" She found herself shuttering. Her trachea was dry with no moisture at all. She knew this feeling so well. It was the same feeling she had when she met newly with Synn. To even begin with, she had lost track of time. But sure enough, it was months she had stayed with Synn in hell.

"Why do you want to know, doll?" He shoots back. In an instant, she knew this was going to be a competition. If he continued being corny and twisty with words then she would never find what she was looking for.

"H-he's hurt." She shutters more, twirling her fingers. "He has b-bleeding knuckles." She continued.

She looks at him to see him thinking deep thoughts. Sometimes it made her wonder if Silver and Synn were ever friends. Synn behaved ruthless and aggressive with Silver while Silver was the cocky one.

"Why do you care for him?" He throws another question not answering her first one. At this point, she was slowly losing patience.

"B-because he's my friend and as friends, we c-care for each other." She states. It was like lecturing a child on friendship.

He walks closer to her and stands. "And what makes you think I would tell you what happened." He asks her throwing her over the end. She didn't think this through.

"B-because you're his friend." She takes a huge step backwards swallowing the lump in her throat.

"And what am I to you? Clearly, you are the one who wants answers."

She wished he could stop being cocky and annoying and just tell her the truth. Seeing this, she doubts he would. He would just continue going on and on with questions of his own.

She huffs, clenching her fist with anger.

She turns around when she hears the stumping of feet on the stairs, Synn's eyes never leaving her body. It was Silver who had his clothes changed and had his knuckles wrapped. He looked unhappy as he swaggered down the stairs.

Linda walks up to him and gives him a big hug, squeezing his bruised body in the process. He shows some signs of pain and slowly pulls her away.

"Oh. Right. You're hurt." She lightly chuckles pulling away. Silver walks to the couch and sits down, resting his foot on the intermediate table.

Linda spontaneously turns around in surprise that she forgot about Synn and her mission of finding out about her questions. But she was sure that could wait and that she needed to pay more attention to her friend, Silver.

Walking towards him, without notice and warning, Synn takes her by her hand and pulls her towards his chest, engulfing her. Her scent was breathtaking, hers only seems to whirl his head and make him go insane.

"And where do you think you're going to? I thought we were in the middle of something."

Her cheeks flush red from shame when she noticed that Silver was watching them both. Synn had his grip on her waist, her back to his chest.

"I-i yo-i."

"That are not words, my sweet. Don't think you can just leave when we are in the middle of something. You can never leave."

The last word brought a dark chill down her chine. It was like he was using the word to warn her.

"Let's go up. We need to talk." He says his grip is still on Linda's slim waist. He releases her a second and waits for her to take the lead. She swallows thickly, taking the first step and walks up to the stairs. As she walked, his eyes stayed glued to her backside, his dirty mind playing.

Door locked, he spins to face Linda and grips her chin forcing her to look up at him. She looks up at him in shock and horror.

"I see how you're getting close to Silver, huh? Anything you'd want to share?" He says, his cold fingers trailing down her neck.

......

C l I f f Hanger!

The devil's POV in the next chapter.