Slow burn

Breth POV

"What do you mean?" She giggles, her green eyes burning into mine. I smile, noticing the one of her cheeks had a cute dimple.

"You have a cute smile." I say causing her to redden. Reaching out, I cup her cheeks in my palm before leaning in to peck her dimples which was at the right side of her cheeks.

She inhales, her gaze down. I watch her for a moment, admiring the beauty in front.

"What I mean is," I start so she looks up at me with a smile. "I'm gay." I confess right in front of her.

I see her smile tilt a bit, her eye brow furrowed. She didn't seem to understand what I mean so I went ahead to explain.

"I like girls like you sweetie." I confirm. She nods slowly, biting her lower lips.

Natasha laid on top of my bed while we discussed. I didn't have any meeting to attend being Saturday. I normally read books and go on my laptop but today was an exception. I was going to spend it with her.

I was so afriad of coming out from my shell. One was that I didn't like males anymore. I knew the councils would never accept me and will probably kick me out as a member. But saying that I was in front of my mate was different. She didn't make fun of me or made me feel like I was disgusting. She completely understood and that was enough for me.

"Are you tired?" I ask her as she looks at me trying to read my expression.

"A little." She mutters. I see her gaze shift a second to my lips before staring back at me.

"That's alright. Do you have anything to do right now?"

"No, I don't." She answers adjusting herself more on my bed. I quickly take a glance at the clock that was planted on my bed stand. It was quarter to four.

"You can come lay on my bed if you want to. You don't look comfortable sitting there." I shift a little creating a space for her to prove my point.

She looks up at me hesitantly before nodding her head in agreement. She climbs on top of the white fluffy bed. I watch as she props herself on the bed with her body, laying her head on one of my pillows next to me. I instantly feel her warmth flood through the room.

"Thank you." She greets. I nod also putting my whole on the bed so I was laying flat. My head was pointed facing the ceiling.

"Uh- can I ask a question?" She asked immediately. I feel her body tense up a bit but instantly relax when I nodded. 

"When you said you like girls like me, do you mean you like me?" She starts out nervously.

I honestly didn't know what to say. I'd never thought of confessing my feelings to her saying she was my mate. I don't know how she'd react. She didn't look like someone to be interested in girls but guys that looked like jocks. I wasn't ready to tell her, not yet.

"Not really." I say catching the small frown on her face. "I just like girls with the same personality as you." I stated.

"Oh, okay." She mumbles incoherently. I sigh under my breath feeling my chest heave.

The few seconds that passed by was followed by silence. We just laid on the bed, the sweet aroma of vanilla filling the air.

"Do you likes girls?" I ask all of a sudden not able to hide my curiousity any longer.

I feel her head snap to face me, her green eyes staring at my profile. With every seconds that passed by, I feel my body quake. I wasn't ready for her answer but I desperately wanted to hear it.

"I'm bisexual." She confesses. I also turn my head to look at her so now, we were both facing each other , looking at each other iris.

"You are?" I asked feeling a rush of excitement flow through my vein. It wasn't what I expected but it meant it was likely possible she was going to like me. I still had my shot to throw.

She nods, her cheeks burning in embarrassment. I could tell she wasn't used to opening up but I was comfortable with it. I wanted to tell her she didn't need to feel weirded out or shy.

I prop my left elbow on the bed, the side of my face laying slightly in my palm.

"So tell me who the boys or girls you've liked." I start trying to begin a new conversion to ease her uneasiness.

I see her lick her lips, her eyes scanning the ceiling above her. She was thinking of what to say while I waited. I wanted her to be comfortable while she tells me something she wasn't use to telling.

"I once liked Goith but he wasn't my type so my feeling for him faded." She says, running her hands through her blonde hair. I notice the action, cooing inside of me.

"I also fancied my guardian before she died. She was sweet and beautiful."

I remember the day her guardian died from shock. I could still remember the frown on her face and the sadness she felt. But that didn't prevent the rush of jealousy to overpower me a little.

"That's all." She ends. From all what she said so far, she liked only two people considering she was also a maiden under my roof.

"Do you like anyone currently?" I question.

I catch her pupil dilate before she swallowed. She was nervous which peeked my curiosity. She prumsely had someone who had caught her eyes.

"I don't want to say." She ushers. I nod sadly, my gaze leaving her face.

"But I really like her so much. She's who I've been crushing on since I saw her." She adds a side note hinting it was a girl.

"Can you atleast give me the first letter of her name?" I cunningly suggests.

I see her chuckle also propping an elbow and facing me. My breath hitches when her face was suddenly in front of me. She licks her lips, the eye contact between us very strong.

"B."

I don't know why but I enjoy writing Natasha and Breth's chapter. It's just so sweet and cute seeing the undeniably love between them👁️👄👁️