chapter thirty-seven

Quinn is going to Puerto Rico to photograph models and she invited Brooke, Lauren, Alex, and Jessica.

"Please, can I go? Please?" Jessica begs her siblings.

"I don't know..." Haley mumbles.

"Oh, come on. Please." Jessica pleads. "This can be, like, a break from everything. You know, forget all the trauma for a bit. It's good to get out."

"To Puerto Rico?" Haley asks.

"Yes." Jessica nods.

"I think it would be good for her. I mean, what's she gonna do here? Be on her computer all day?" Nathan asks. "I mean, me and Jamie won't be home, Brendan's going camping with us, and you're busy taking care of Lydia."

"Well, she can help me." Haley says.

"Hales... I think she should go." Nathan says making Jessica grin.

"Fine. But you're not 18 yet, so no drinking. No fake ID. We don't need you getting arrested... ever." Haley tells her.

"Deal." Jessica grins. "Thank you, thank you, thank you." She hugs Haley before hugging Nathan and kissing his cheek before she rushes upstairs to start packing.

+++

The five girls get to Puerto Rico and walk into the hotel.

"So, wait. What magazine are you shooting for, again?" Lauren asks Quinn.

"B. Davis." Quinn answers.

"I told her to take it since I'm back at the company." Brooke says.

"But now that..." Alex starts.

"I'm not back yet, but I will be soon." Brooke says.

"But I thought since... I forgot what I was gonna say." Alex says.

"Anyway, it's not the cover for sure. They have a lot of photographers shooting and then the best shot wins, so... have you guys ever stayed here before?" Quinn asks.

"No, but I've heard... great things." Brooke says as they all stop, looking out at the beach and pool.

"Oh, yeah, this'll do." Lauren nods.

+++

Nathan, Brendan, and Jamie are setting up camp while Clay is a few feet away sitting in a recliner. Chase pulls up with Chuck and Julian gets there in his truck.

"Hey, Skolnick, get back here and carry something!" Chase calls as the two get out of the car. Chuck walks back to him.

"Snipey Plover!" Chase exclaims as the two get their stuff and head over.

"Adams, Baker, and Skolnick. It's like a bad law firm. Thank you." Nathan says, accepting a beer.

"Chuck!" Chuck punches Nathan in the stomach.